Controls Engineer - We're growing!!!!
This position provides experienced technical input in the Electrical and Controls Engineering discipline for the design, implementation, and support of the products, devices, and services produced by SP Industries for the appropriate markets and industries. Responsibilities include technical and industry knowledge, support of safety and quality programs, involvement in productivity initiatives, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills in coordination with assigned personnel, all Internal Departments and interaction with Customers, Suppliers, and Consultants/Contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform design, drafting, and documentation activities including, but not limited to, component sizing, specification and selection, schematics and wiring diagrams development, control box layout and design, I/O list generation, and Bill of Material (BOM) generation, change, and release.
- Perform programming activities for the product Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) devices.
- Generate required documentation including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications (FS), Hardware Design Specifications (HDS), and Software Design Specifications (SDS) to meet project and GAMP requirements.
- Perform Value Analysis and Sustaining Engineering tasks, and product improvement designs for enhanced manufacture, productivity, reliability, safety, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Perform New Product Development activities to ensure end products meet customer needs and specifications.
- Perform Order Engineering and design and development activities to ensure end products meet customer needs and specifications.
- Provide cooperative assistance with all Internal Departments and interaction with Customers, Suppliers, Representatives, and Consultants/Contractors.
- Direct and assess performance of assigned Interns, Drafters, Designers, Technicians, Engineers, and Consultants/Contractors.
- Provide support to Sales to include Specification reviews, Applications assistance, Request For Quotation (RFQ) review and response, Customer/Prospect interface, etc.
- Provide support to Technical Support and Service functions to include Travel and Customer interface, as required.
- Utilize available tools effectively (i.e. CAD, PC, computer systems and software, lab) and recommend those that will improve our operations.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem solving to root-cause where design or manufacturing problems exist.
- Follow and support the company Safety and Quality programs and procedures.
- Keep pace with industry changes and technology advancements and recommend or apply where they will improve our product performance, competitiveness, and/or will provide innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Report on and/or present progress and status of projects and assignments in various formats to internal and external audiences.
- Other tasks, projects, assignments as assigned by the Director of Engineering or his/her designee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office environment as well as in the plant . The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable protected veterans and individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
SP Industries, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of laboratory and process equipment serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, scientific, educational, industrial, and OEM markets. It is comprised of leading well known brands representing over 250 combined years of experience, quality and innovation. SP Industries is a global supplier committed to providing the best products and services available to its customers. We offer a world-wide sales and service network with full product support including training and technical assistance.
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 15:10:02 PDT