Finance Coordinator, Revenue Accounting
Kingsborough Community College is seeking a Finance Coordinator for the Revenue Accounting Department to assist with the following duties:
- Maintain ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; review and analyze accounting records and fiscal activities to ensure accuracy
- Track financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Prepare vendor payments and student refunds by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements for Continuing Education Program, Child Care Center and 3rd parties agencies
- Monitor student online payments by credit cards and eChecks, reconciles ACH transactions from credit card providers to financial institutions
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly ledger closing and annual financial audits
- Verify collection of funds from Federal and State financial aide programs
- Run CUNYFirst queries and routine reports and update various financial performance matrices
- Maintain accounting records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, updating and archiving
- Assist in monitoring tuition and fees revenues from various sources
- Coordinate and track financial reports submission deadlines
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar area.
- Two years of related work experience.
- Higher education experience preferred
- Ability to make decisions and establish work priorities.
- Proficiency Microsoft Word, Access, Excel (including pivot tables).
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software application. Good level of competence in CUNYfirst
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Performs financial analysis and administrative work related to College or unit accounting.
- Prepares, reconciles and distributes expenditure and related accounting reports
- Creates and maintains various spreadsheets related to financial analysis
- Processes and tracks transactional entries
- Provides support in the administration of various business operations
- Coordinates with various departments on accounting matters
- Monitors systems and operations to assure a smooth workflow
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 16550 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
April 25, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Finance Coordinator, Revenue Accounting
Job ID: 16550
Full/Part Time: Full-Time