Finance Specialist - Business Office
The Business Office provides support and assistance for the College in the areas of accounting, accounts receivable, Perkins Loans, TAP certification, Research Foundation post-award accounting, and the college revenue budget. We seek to render timely, effective, efficient, and customer friendly service to all faculty members, staff, students, and administrators, as well as customers both within and outside the University community. We strive to maintain and enforce strong professional and ethical standards, while adhering to CUNY policies and procedures.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Business and Finance, the successful candidate will perform the following:
- Verifies, records, and posts journal entries of financial transactions such as funds received and disbursed.
- Processes checks for Hostos Foundation and Continuing Education accounts; prepares financial statements and reconcile account balances.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and ad hoc and operational reports for the Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development and Hostos Foundation.
- Prepares Form 1099-Miscellaneous for payments made to individuals, partnerships, companies and foundations.
- Works with external auditors during annual reviews and audits and other department officials to verify students eligibility for grants and scholarships prior to processing checks.
- Records and updates financial information in CUNYfirst for Continuing Education and Hostos Foundation.
- Assists in the implementation of new computer software application to meet department needs.
- Supervises and trains staff as required by the supervisor.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial matters for a program or department under management direction.
- Maintains financial accounts for income and spending; administers the allocation of funds
- Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements
- Manages the collection of revenue and accounts receivable
- Tracks and maintains financial data to provide fiscal reports to management; produces forecasting projections
- Monitors the financial condition of operating centers to ensure efficient use of resources
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
- May supervise subordinate staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$49,193 - $56,528 (Based on new contract rates effective 4/20/17)
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach cover letter, resume and three professional references.
April 23, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Finance Specialist - Business Office
Job ID: 15985
Full/Part Time: Full-Time