Student Life Manager
The Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York. and is a Senior College within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Lehman is the only four-year public college in the Bronx and is recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The college serves mainly undergraduate students preparing them for employment, the professions and further study.
Additional duties include:
- Direct and oversee the delivery of instructional and professional services of the Sophomore Year Initiative Title V project.
- Ensure the realization of objectives through close coordination with the SYI - Title V Management Team.
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Research to establish data collection procedures and ensure that appropriate and accurate data are collected.
- Maintain compliance with federal regulations, rules, and procedures regarding the administration of Title V grants.
- Assume budgetary authority over plan activities; ensure that project activities meet the specifications outlined in the Title V budget.
- Cooperate with direct supervisors and college steering committee to conduct needs analyses and devise solutions.
- Direct, monitor and evaluate Title V program staff in collaboration with direct supervisors.
- Authorize expenditures within delegated authority, track expenses, and operate within budget consistent with College and RF policies and sponsor requirements, assisted by the Administrative Assistant.
- Maintain related records and submit reports on a timely basis.
- Implement and coordinate an Early Alert System intended to early identify students at risk; recruit and train faculty to utilize the system; and provide faculty consultations for at-risk students.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
- Master's or doctorate degree in an appropriate area of specialization
- Experience working with at-risk students
- Supervisory experience in an office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in higher education or related area
- Intellectual mastery of a field of knowledge or specialty pertinent to the area of service,
as evidenced in educational attainment, teaching, publication, research, or
- Ability to assist in directing, assessing, evaluating and modifying the program
consistent with best practices in the field and the requirements of the grant sponsors
- Ability to develop and present reports, statistical summaries, demonstrations,
etc. consistent with the scope and nature of the project and sponsor requirements
- Ability to organize and direct the work of a team of professionals in achieving the goals
of the program within deadlines and within budget constraints
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of student programs and quality of life issues, promoting the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Evaluates student needs and trends to develop a range of student services
- Develops and administers specific programs and general activities in support of student needs
- Develops relationships with college departments and outside community organizations to understand student needs and available development opportunities
- Represents the College in campus-wide and university-wide groups and councils focusing on priority student issues
- Manages staff, fiscal resources, and facilities supporting student affairs activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
Review of CVs will begin 4/23/17 and continue until a candidate has been identified.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Student Life Manager
Job ID: 15765
Full/Part Time: Full-Time