• Develop seasonal sales and receipt budgets and flow by month
• Develop and present seasonal/weekly merchandise financial plans in accordance with company goals, historical performance and market trend analysis
• Build sales, margin, and inventory plans monthly
• Forecast sales weekly and present at monthly forecast meeting
• Analyze weekly selling results and make recommendations to capitalize on trend
• Manage inventory
• Analyze aged inventory as well as risk in inventory for potential marking down of merchandise
• Develop hindsight and market preparation
• Partner with buying to build assortment ownership plans
• Manage replenishment models
• Work with merchandising team on planning, buying and inventory management processes
• Partner with buyer and financial planner on business reviews, open-to-buy management and plan revisions to achieve financial goals and strategic objectives
• Direct the analysis and use of information to improve the depth and assortment of merchandise
• Store segmentation/Cluster strategies; Partners with retail team to align brand strategies with store segmentation and cluster strategies. Identifies and executes store level segmentation strategies
• Ensures store inventory plans are in line with capacity requirements from retail team and Allocates out product with consideration to store volume; assortment range guidelines from buyers, manages productivity through dollar values, mix and classification level distribution
• Location planning and inventory optimization; develops store plans to deliver store level unit sales plans, store level inventory targets for service level driven model stocks
• Aligns bottom up/top down sales and inventory plans by segment. Recommends assortment minimum and maximum guidelines to drive sales and optimize inventory investment.
• Store level analysis; analyzes individual store performance by classification and determines inventory plans (targets) to maximize sales and turnover
• Store inventory management; prioritizes stores for replenishment based on individual inventory needs and WOS. Optimizes replenishment frequency to deliver store in-stocks service level goals.
• Initiates store to store transfers and transfers back to distribution centers when required to manage excess inventory, minimizes markdowns and maximizes distribution of product
• bachelor degree
• exceptional analytical/retail math skills
• 4+ years of prior allocation, merchandise planning experience in a retail environment
• Working knowledge of buying, planning, and merchandise principles
• Highly motivated self-starter with a sense of ownership and an ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Ability/aptitude to learn/create complex spreadsheets, access reports, build and manipulate queries
• Clear knowledge of target customer and product trends
• Excellent communication, presentation, and multi-tasking skills
• Adaptable and results driven
• Ability to excel within a team environment and self-motivated
• advance proficiency with Excel and data base management
• excellent time-management and organization skills
• flexibility to multi-task and able to thrive in a fast paced environment
• ability to analyze retail business at a macro/micro level
• dynamic, positive, and fun person to work with
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive Salary will be based on experience.
Established in 1979 by renown jewelry designer, Effy Hematian, Effy Jewelry is one of the most critically acclaimed and highly visible jewelry lines available in 2600 retail locations worldwide.
Celebrated for exceptional quality and trend-defining artistry, Effy Jewelry is proud to have adorned royalty and countless celebrities with precious jewels and one-of-a-kind masterpieces.
If you're a professional who lives with passion and would like to join a family owned company head-quartered in the heart of the New York diamond district, please apply today.
New York, NY
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 06:37:02 PDT