Service Desk Ninja
Job Title: Service Desk Ninja
NOTICE: You will learn more at this job than you've ever imagined. If you want to do what you know, this is NOT the job for you. Please save us all the time and do not apply.
If you are CURIOUS, and DRIVEN and HATE BEING IDLE, while working with GREAT, SMART PEOPLE, learning NEW THINGS, and BLAZING NEW TRAILS, this is the PERFECT opportunity for you. DO NOT APPLY unless you want to be CHALLENGED, UNNERVED and EXHILARATED by the THINGS TO LEARN, UNKNOWNS to MAKE KNOWN and NEW TECHNOLOGIES to CONQUER.
DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE ORDINARY SOUNDING JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW:
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
• Support of disaster recovery solutions
• Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
• Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
• Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
• System documentation maintenance and review in Service Management system
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Fast turnaround of customer requests
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
• Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in the Service Management system as it occurs
• Understand processes in Service Management system by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the training website
• Enter all work as service tickets into Service Management system
• Must have and maintain a driving history acceptable to our insurer
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Advanced understanding of desktop operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network concepts and systems
• Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills including proper GRAMMAR, a FRIENDLY presentation, active listening, customer-care and COMPOSURE UNDER STRESS
• Excellent TROUBLESHOOTING skills on technical issues
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
• Strong self-learner. Able to apply new concepts to future problems.
We are a fast paced, innovative Managed IT Services company, delivering flat-rate IT support to small and medium businesses throughout Central Texas. We offer generous time off and training benefits, and maintain a full-stocked snack kitchen for our employees enjoyment. We have a fun, high expectation environment were stagnation is NOT tolerated; all team members are expected, encouraged and rewarded for learning more each day and advancing the level and quality of services we can provide our Client base. Our team members are frequently described as friendly, curious, creative, passionate, driven, solution focused, and intelligent. If you think your qualities rise to the level required to join and enhance our team, please contact us immediately!
Cedar Park, TX
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 15:53:30 PDT