Information Technology Pensacola, FL,
Title: System Administrator
Location: Pensacola, FL
Emp Status: Regular / Full-time
Solutions3, LLC, based out of Mahwah, NJ is seeking a junior to mid-level System Administrator to support a contract in Pensacola, FL. In this role, the qualified candidate will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. You will manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. You will provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. You will provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. You will configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. You will provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. You will also be responsible for the following:
• Conducting testing of network design.
• Maintaining technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluating and reporting on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Supporting and providing Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Providing support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Zero (0) to Two (2) or more years of cyber security experience (based on experience level).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline. OR A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience OR Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.
• DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, Batch, VBScript, etc.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
• Maintain the integrity and security of IT system.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and process documentation.
• Interact with users
• Adhere to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Develop and implement system testing strategies and document results.
• Provide advice and training to end-users.
• Provide remote access capability for users using approved secure access methods.
• Provide software upgrade plans for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software to the Change Management process.
• Conduct testing using approved testing procedures for all new staged hardware/software (GFE), as well as components that have been updated, received patches, and/or have been repaired.
• Establish and maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
• Support shift work, as required.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.)
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
Solutions3 LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:32:30 PDT