HVAC Technician (Full-time)
Job Title HVAC Technician (Full-time)
The HVAC Technician operates multiple chiller plants, building controls, and related equipment. Performs building maintenance functions. Responds to off-campus work requests. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of recent experience operating and maintaining Trane or Johnson Controls Energy Management System, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, and other related equipment in an educational, institutional, industrial or similar setting.
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program in air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating or completion of an approved apprenticeship program in multiple trades such as carpentry and plumbing may be considered as substitution for experience.
Valid driver's license.
*EPA refrigerant usage certification.
At least ten years HVAC operations experience with six years of experience in operating and maintaining Trane or Johnson Controls Energy Management System, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, and other related equipment and three years of experience performing and recording routine and general maintenance of machinery relating to a chiller plant.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to perform a variety of tasks with minimal supervision and operate Trane or Johnson’s Control Energy Management System, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, and other related equipment.
Knowledge of and ability to perform building maintenance (carpentry, plumbing, painting) and general maintenance.
Salary Range $22.51 - $24.43 per hour ($47,000 - $51,00 annual)
Essential Job Duties
• Ensures proper operation of multiple chiller plants and functions of the campus energy management system, building controls, and related equipment.
• Responds to work requests at the Buckingham Center, Naples Botanical Gardens, and current and future off-campus
• Provides campus services to all related Physical Plant functions.
• Provides preventative maintenance on all university and plant equipment.
• Performs functions such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, and all types of general maintenance.
• Maintains all equipment history, plant operations, and other logs as required.
• Uses a university supplied vehicle for travel to off-campus work locations.
• Conforms to all safety requirements including wearing a uniform and safety equipment issued by the university.
• The chiller plant will be staffed 18 hours a day. Second shifts split between 5:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Requires 24-hour availability. Shifts may rotate. On-Call status may be required.
• Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus including pre-storm preparation, post-storm clean-up and replacement of stored goods to ready campus for operation after a storm; or other services assigned.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS157P
Open Date 01/24/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is a Full Time position and is eligible for benefits.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have four years of recent experience operating and maintaining Trane or Johnson Controls Energy Management System, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, and other related equipment in an educational, institutional, industrial or similar setting?
- * Have you completed an approved apprenticeship program in air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating or completed an approved apprenticeship program in multiple trades such as carpentry and plumbing?
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have an EPA refrigerant usage certification?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214