Senior Industrial Designer
iRobot, one of the world's leaders in the design and development of AI technologies and consumer robots, is seeking a highly talented Senior Industrial Designer to join our User Experience team in Greater Boston.
Who we are...
iRobot is expanding beyond Roomba, towards a holistic vision of how connected Robots can improve our lives inside and outside the home. The UX team is central to delivering on this vision with designs that embrace simplicity, approachability and seamless usability as a means of humanizing robotic technology.
This is an exciting time at iRobot, and we are a relatively new team of skilled designers and researchers in the process of building a world-class internal design competency.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
Who you are...
- you relish technical realities as part of the challenge in creating great, meaningful design; and your portfolio shows beautiful examples of mass-produced technical/consumer products
- you have enviable sketching skills to quickly capture ideas and you are expert in helping teams explore what technical decisions mean for the physical design and usability of a product
- you are well-versed in manufacturing methods and use this knowledge as a creative asset rather than limitation
- you can sweat over details (& design specs) because you know getting that last detail through to production is part of the journey
- you're adept at CAD (Rhino, Pro-E, Solidworks) and visualization tools (Creative Suite), and expertly use this to gain alignment with engineering and product stakeholders
- you develop relevant, inspiring designs that reinforce the brand and create a lasting impression on users
- you are self-driven but collaborate well within the team as well as engineering and marketing
- your design approach is inspired by the user, and you can work closely with User Research to inform and validate design work
- you know when to push and when to compromise
- you can discuss with credibility why your design advances the 'big picture'
- you excel in asking smart questions and look for boundaries so you can also offer perspectives beyond what is being asked
We are looking for a designer who helps set the standard for our group - your credibility makes you a sought out voice whenever there is a critical product decision that impacts what the customer sees and experiences.
If the above descriptions resonate and you have 5-10 years of relevant experience - we'd like to hear from you.
Please provide link to your portfolio with your updated resume.
iRobot is an "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled"
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 20:33:10 PDT