Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions
The California Central Valley College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCVCOM), a newly developing osteopathic medical school, is seeking applicants for the position of Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions. The proposed CCVCOM is founded on osteopathic principles and practice. The college embraces critical thinking, creativity, and preparation of physicians who are focused on excellence in medical education and service to the community, thus positively impacting the healthcare of those served by our students and graduates.
In accordance with CCVCOM’s mission, the medical school will educate and train compassionate primary care physicians highly skilled in the science and art of osteopathic medicine, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the osteopathic profession, committed to lifelong learning, and focused on serving the underserved. This mission will be accomplished through providing an academic environment characterized by excellence in teaching, research, service, and scholarly activity.
Our graduates will meet the medical needs of the people of the Central Valley of California, the state, and the nation. The CCVCOM has as core values respect, equity, compassion, and excellence in interacting with people and providing patient care.
This is a senior leadership position report to the Dean of the Medical school. The Assistant Dean will provide leadership for and serve the needs and interests of the students at CCVCOM. This includes focusing on the recruitment, retention, and quality of life of students. Working closely with the Dean, Regional Deans, Program Chairs, other senior leadership and faculty, the Assistant Dean will play a prominent role to ensure a rewarding medical education experience and continue to strengthen and enhance the quality of the student body.
The individual should have a strong background in higher education, including leadership experience gained within a university, preferably in medical or medically related education; demonstrated success and experience with student affairs, admissions, financial aid, or some combination thereof; successful track record as a leader who can inspire and encourage students and is responsive to students' needs and concerns; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty and senior leadership; a record of solid performance as a skilled manager with the ability to meet budgets, develop people, work collaboratively and develop innovative approaches to achieve goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant/Associate Dean, Admissions and Student Services shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Supports and promotes the mission of the California Central Valley College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Provides leadership for the implementation and operation of the following services/activities:
- Student recruitment
- Student orientation
- Financial assistance
- Student activities (clubs, student government, class elections, etc.)
- Student physical and mental health
- Student counseling and discipline
- Manages the student services staff and ensures that yearly evaluations are performed
- Ensures that academic records are maintained according to FERPA and other applicable laws.
- Recommends hiring, promotion, and release of staff.
- Prepares and recommends an annual student services budget to the Dean.
- Assists with the preparation of reports and documentation required for accreditation purposes on a timely basis.
- Provides timely reports to the Dean as requested.
- Assists in the monitoring of academic progress of all students to assure progress toward graduation.
- Serves as a student services representative to local, state and national academic organizations.
- Prepare an annual budget to support the Student Affairs Office and its programs
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean
Apply for Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly