Technical Support Associate
Computers/Software Pensacola, FL, United States
Company: Solutions3 LLC
Title: Technical Support Associate
Location: Pensacola, FL
Emp Status: Regular / Full-time
Solutions3, LLC, based out of Mahwah, NJ is seeking a junior to mid-level Technical Support Associate to support a contract in Pensacola, FL. In this role, the qualified candidate will perform a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, field operations, line maintenance, etc. You will test, troubleshoot, repair, maintain and install a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, mechanical, computer, laboratory and scientific systems and/or equipment. You will set up and operate engineering and scientific equipment. You may recommend or select equipment and tools. You will support and provide Tier I (Help Desk) and Tier II (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. You will provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. You will observe, analyze and report test data; and when appropriate, make necessary repairs to equipment. Lastly, you will utilize various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of assigned tasks.
Responsibilities also include:
• Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIS, Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 2003), VMware, Sharepoint, Citrix.
• Install, maintain, configure application and middleware software, equipment and systems.
• Monitor system health and status.
• Provide user support including, password reset, tools, access, etc.
• Document problems and resolutions through a tracking program.
• Perform various administrative duties and provide technical assistance, with the supervision of a team leader to remotely located users.
• Interface with the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, sustainment, maintenance, etc.
• Support shift work.
• Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following shell scripts: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, etc.
• Perform Incident Response (tiered support model), using an Incident Management System.
• Tier I: General troubleshooting, triage, or performance of specific tasks (i.e. user account creation, password resets/unlocks, share drive access, remote software installations). Escalation to Tier II.
• Tier II: Prioritize incidents. Perform detailed troubleshooting, root cause analysis. Determine multi-user, multi-system correlations. Escalation to Tier III.
• Tier III: Provide system administrative support to correct deficiencies noted in the trouble ticketing system for COTS and GOTS software packages.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Zero (0) to four (4) or more years of technical support experience required.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: TCP/IP, Cisco switches and routers, VLAN, firewall, VPN, storage arrays (RAID, Blades), etc.
• Experience with disaster recovery and backup systems required for candidates with more than four (4) years of experience.
• DOD 8570.1-M Compliance IAT Level I certification required for candidates with more than four (4) years of experience.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with ITIL methodology.
• Experience with disaster recovery and backup systems.
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional (CCNA, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCP, MCDST, MCSA, etc.) or Cloud certifications
• DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I certification desired for candidates with less than four (4) years of experience
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
• Candidates with more than two (2) years of experience may perform Tier I and/or Tier II support.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
Solutions3 LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:30:17 PDT