Lab Skills Assistant, MLT
Department Name Medical Lab Technology
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT195-15
Reports To Program Manager, MLT
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Assistant to faculty member in training Medical Laboratory/Phlebotomy students in practical lab skills for several courses.
Required skills depend on the course and include phlebotomy, hematology. urinalysis and body fluids, clinical chemistry, microbiology or blood bank. Assist the faculty in evaluation of student techniques for grade. Preparation and clean-up also required. Registered MLT/MT or equivalent, with recent lab experience in any of these areas is desired. Daytime program.
- Associates degree or higher in Medical Lab Technology (MLT), Medical Technology (MT) or Phlebotomy Technology (PBT)
- Recent experience in phlebotomy if applicable to course
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Certification by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent certification
- Experience in teaching, training or education
Work schedule may vary based on business unit need.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 12/12/2014
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associates degree or higher in Medical Lab Technology (MLT), Medical Technology (MT) or Phlebotomy Technology (PBT)?
- * Do you have recent experience in Phlebotomy (within 3 years)?
- * Do you have experience teaching and/or training in a laboratory/clinical environment?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae