STATISTICAL ANALYST A
Duties: The Statistical Analyst A will support biomedical research projects conducted by investigators in the Pulmonary Vascular Disease program and its affiliated researchers at the University of Pennsylvania. The incumbent will use SAS, STATA, and/or R programming skills to create analytical datasets, construct and standardize analytical variables, conduct data cleaning, provide and regularly update study reports, and perform general statistical analyses and statistical modeling. Candidate should have experience with basic and advanced analyses, including regression, survival analysis, hierarchical models, meta-analysis, and multiple imputation. The candidate would prepare reports for Data and Safety Monitoring Boards for randomized clinical trials. Familiarity with FDA data submissions would be a plus. Careful documentation of all code, analyses and results would be expected. Work with faculty investigators to develop clinical and experimental study designs and analysis plans for NIH and industry grants and assist trainees and junior faculty with statistical analyses. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are needed to support multiple and concurrent projects.
* Create and organize analytical datasets
* Construct and standardize analytical variables
* Perform standard QA checking
* Perform general statistical analyses and statistical modeling
* Provide and regularly update study reports
* Prepare reports for Data and Safety Monitoring Boards for randomized clinical trials.
* Document all code, analyses methods, and results
* Work with faculty investigators to develop clinical and experimental study designs and analysis
plans for NIH and industry grants
* Assist trainees and junior faculty with statistical analyses
Position is contingent on continued funding.
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of data/statistical analyst experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Masters' degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related area preferred;
* Knowledge of SAS/R and other database programming is required;
* Basic statistical knowledge including regression is required;
* Advanced analyses skills, such as, survival analysis, hierarchical models, meta-analysis,
and multiple imputation, are a plus;
* Data management experience is preferred;
* Familiarity with FDA data submissions would be preferred;
* Strong and effective oral and written, communication, and interpersonal skills are required;
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize, and work effectively under pressure
Reference Number: 40-25324
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: BE-Epidemiology Division
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research