CLINICAL RESEARCH COORD A
Duties: We are seeking a clinical research coordinator to lead various components of studies focusing on SpaceTimeEpi research group. Ongoing study support is needed for:(1) day-to-day operations and recruitment of school adolescent trauma patients for a study to understand violence prevention (2) day-to-day operations, patient recruitment, semi-structured interviewing, and qualitative analysis (3) day-to-day operations and recruitment of concussion patients for studies involving health apps and wearable devices, and (4) supporting collaborating team with Mesothelioma community recruitment. Under supervision of the Project Manager B, the primary responsibilities will include engaging multiple health care emergency room sites to coordinate participant recruitment, coordinating IRB documentation and compliance, maintaining study databases, and assisting with the preparation of materials to disseminate study results. Will likely recruit and oversee research assistants and student workers.
* Coordinate activities to patients from clinical sites and administer in-person surveys to collect study data. That work includes interfacing with clinical and administrative staff (Academic Associates) as well as patients and guardians in multiple clinical settings.
* Oversee or conduct semi-structured interviews with patients and participants from the community.
* Maintain study databases including online survey platforms and prepare and maintain manuals of procedures.
* Manage and analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
* Prepare and review materials for study result dissemination and grant applications such as proofreading and figure design.
* Recruit patients and caregivers from clinical settings and administer in-person surveys
* Perform recruitment outreach to and manage study logistics with multiple clinical sites
* Conduct semi-structured interviews with patients with serious illnesses
* Participate in qualitative (content) analysis of transcribed data
* Maintain study databases including online survey platforms
* Maintain IRB documentation and compliance
* Coordinate team meetings
* Prepare and review materials for study result dissemination and grant applications
* Flexible to travel among nearby health care sites including not limited to Presbyterian Hospital and CHOP
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: BA/BS and 1-3 years of clinical trial/ clinical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. A master's degree and a minimum of 1 year of clinical trial/clinical research experience preferred. Strong computer skills are essential. The candidate should be comfortable doing a variety of tasks, be able to balance and prioritize multiple commitments, be proficient at multi-tasking and independent problem solving, and have strong organizational skills. Experience with qualitative research methods is preferred but can be taught to the appropriate and enthusiastic candidate. Experience analyzing quantitative data in the context of epidemiologic study designs is preferred.
Knowledge of IRB and human research protection regulations is preferred. This study involves work in clinical settings with diverse group of individuals, including patients with advanced illnesses, and will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as good judgment. Experience in a health care setting is preferred.
Must pass Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Act (also known as Act 73) background checks within 30-90 days of employment.
Reference Number: 40-25341
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: BE-Epidemiology Division
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research