Working Title: Fiscal Technician
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 01-23-2017
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia seeks a dynamic fiscal technician to provide support to the Department's research programs. This position is responsible for coordinating and managing financial operations related to accounting and post-award grant reconciliation and analysis of sponsored program accounts. The fiscal technician ensures accuracy of sponsored program expenditures and compliance with federal, state, sponsor, and university rules and regulations. They provide financial reports and approve disbursements, coordinate effort reporting, ensure procurement requirements are met, and manage faculty research allotment accounts. This position works in collaboration with faculty and staff to address and resolve financial issues.
Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of fiscal experience. As associate's degree is preferred.
This position is restricted and is contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to follow established policies and procedures and adhere to regulatory guidelines in daily work.
2. Ability to independently research expenditures, accounting, and budget entries.
3. Demonstrate thoughtful and appropriate oral and written communication in daily interactions.
4. Ability to follow directions and work effectively as part of a team.
5. Possess basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80977