Sr. Tech Support Engineer
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is the final escalation point within the Customer Care and Technical Support Team. This Senior Engineer is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues. This position works closely with Field Engineering AND Tier 1 and Tier 2 resources. The Tier 3 TS Engineer is the escalation point for technical support issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reproducing / confirming product defects and reporting such defects to Field Engineering and Product Management for future consideration.
- Provide product training to Tier 1 & 2 support and act as a mentor to junior support engineers.
- Provide "on-site" support to customers as needed.
- Responsible for escalating technical issues that could not be resolved by Tier 1 & 2 TS Engineers to Field Engineering, Product Development and Software Development.
- Act as a back-up for Tier 2 Technical Support Engineers.
- Provide after hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule for SLA support as needed.
- Work continuously to increase Tier 2 TS Engineer product knowledge by reviewing escalated cases on a weekly basis.
- Create technical bulletins to serve as a job aid and expand the knowledge base for handling support issues.
- Ensure that all actions and discussions pertaining to issues escalated from Tier 1 or 2 Support are completely documented in the PSA/Support system.
- Ensure that all levels of Customer Care and TS Engineers are informed and current of all product/platform enhancements/ latest releases by working closely with the Product teams and sharing that information with the entire TS organization.
- Depending on the circumstances, the Tier 3 TS Engineer could be required to travel to client sites on short notice.
- Ensure customer and partner inquiries are responded to within established time frames and customer care and technical support service levels are achieved.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Possesses strong customer relation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required.
- Work as a member of the Customer Care and Technical Support team and with other departments to exceed our customer's expectations for technical support.
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Represent Panthera Technologies in a professional manner, especially when providing on-site support.
- Methodically resolve the more difficult and complex production issues reported by customers and partners.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to travel 25-50% to customer sites as needed within local region.
All Technical support personnel should be able to lift up to 50 pounds, provide after-hours on-call support and will be required to travel to customer sites to provide on-site support and to participate in training activities.
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or a minimum 5 years experience in providing technical support / customer service.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various Microsoft Windows Operating systems, Firewalls, Routers, LAN/WAN Networking and IT Network Operations experience.
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot software issues to determine the root cause and present suggested work-arounds and solutions.
- Proven technical support experience as well as exhibiting professional client facing skills.
- Advancing knowledge in other areas of Infrastructure Support & Management.
- Advanced Knowledge of support and administration of Network Management tools.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Travel to client/project sites
- Sitting for extended periods of time.Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to participate in an on-call schedule, and after hours work.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Generous PTO Plan
- Paid Training / Certifications
- Corporate Gym
- Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A professional, challenging environment as part of a strong talented team.
At Panthera those who believe what we believe offer their blood, sweat and tears it is in our DNA. Those who don't believe what we believe demand more money or glory and don't fit who we are. What is the DNA of your team? Want to join a team who is making a difference both in business and the community
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. Panthera offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Panthera Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US please contact us.
Panthera Technologies provides comprehensive IT services and solutions that optimize operations, minimize risk and deliver measurable business value. Panthera empowers our customers with IT Advisory Services, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Cyber Security that allow them to effectively compete and thrive. Working collaboratively, Panthera develops strategies to leverage your IT resources and creates a technology platform for profitable growth.
We deliver Advisory Services, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Cyber Security all supported 24-7 by our Network Operations Center. O
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:23:37 PDT