We are hiring a Solutions Architect for a Contract position in Torrance, CA
FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, feel free to contact EITHER of us direct and reference the job#:
SUMIT KUMAR: (714) 576 - 7031
MICHELL CASEY: (949) 860 - 4715
A global company has an immediate need to hire a Solutions Architect for a long-term, on-going contract opportunity in TORRANCE, CA. As a 1st tier vendor we have over 30 contingents working for this client and although this is a contract position the average consultants has been with this client between 6-10 years. If you are looking for a long-term stable opportunity, than this is the ideal position for you. All work will be performed on-site and you must be available for a face to face interviews. Calance offers full benefits to our contingents, which includes, Aetna HMO/PPO Medical, Dental, Vision care and 401K.
** We will NOT accept 3rd party, Corp to Corp (C2C) or Independent (1099) contractors for this role **
Position: Solutions Architect
JOB REF#: 26226
Duration: 12+ Months (On-Going Contract)
Location: Torrance, CA 90501 (on-site only)
Rate: Open, Depends on experience level (W2 only)
Please Note: LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!!
Solutions Architect will be responsible for driving and leading projects, is confident with technology and will interact with business, customers to crafting a full solution that can reaches consumers, across a broad echo system. They will be supporting existing solutions for web and mobile apps.
This Architect will ensure the solution architecture is up to date with the latest trends around web, mobile, internet up-lift and the entire architecture paradigm. The Telematics project, provides front-end development on mobile apps and some websites. This team does a lot of back-end development of services that power the front-end. This does involve a particular amount of integration or data ingestion using JAVA through the testing life cycle. They are responsible for setting the architecture direction for any project or solution and provided governance afterwards. Working with the technical leads and the developers to ensure that they are conforming to the direction that has been set. They will execute or set a team on executing a delivery for the solutions that has been defined. They will work with the PM's to understand requirements at the solution level, designing the high level architecture from the logical, conceptual, ethical etc. This resource will not be managing any team, instead they look at the team as whole and will determine who will be allocated to what project.
• Drive technical aspects of the design, development, and deployment, using internal and external technical resources based on the architecture
• Drive business and IT alignment to leverage reusable architecture capabilities.
• Collaborate with IT management to define and develop technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
• Act as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integration.
• Interact and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers and architectural solutions delivery teams in the development of services, components, standards, and
frameworks required to support the company's business strategy (e.g. design patterns, reusable components).
• Ensure that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meets quality standards.
• Assist with analyzing and recommending software acquisitions and alternative solutions/ methodologies/strategies and tools.
• Keep current with trends and technological innovations in the Automotive and IT industry, and make appropriate development recommendations.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
• Must be able to create a solution and execute as opposed to handing it off to a team - must be involved in the technical delivery of the end to end solution
• Must have experience crafting a full end to end solution for web systems, mobile apps (familiar with IOS/mobile apps), devices, external parties and websites
• 6+ years of experience as a Applications/Solutions Architect for large enterprise architecture.
• Must know how to take best practices and develop a solution approach for this particular system or project.
• Must have experience been part of SEVERAL large scale enterprise solutions, having done high level design documents/architecture, logical/ethical architecture
• Must have experience with taking the architecture design and solution and present to a large audience
• Must have EXCELLENT communication and leadership skills (big picture mentality)
• Extensive integration systems experience is required.
• Must be able to work challenging hours to ensure the projects stay on track.
• Must have experience implementing large scale app development (not off the shelf)
• Need to understand how database design relates to a solution
• Experience with Java and Web Services back-end
• Exp with SQL Server databases
• EDUCATION: BA/BS Degree
HIGHLY Desired Experience:
• Have worked for a Big 5 consulting organization
• Experience with DB2 is desired
• Automotive is a plus
• Database design experience is desired
• Native mobile application development (iOS and Android).
• Experience with Farm with security
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:30:55 PDT