Business Project Analyst - Banking Operations
This is a permanent position but they would be open to a contract to hire basis. Must have experience and understanding of banking and banking operations.
The Business Project Analyst supports the Project Management Office by assisting in gathering business requirements, preparing documentation, developing project plans, and monitoring progress. The Business Analyst will assist and/or lead small to medium sized moderately complex projects, crossing multiple business units, with a shorter timeline.
- Support the PMs throughout the overall project lifecycle from inception to execution. This includes, but is not limited to, simultaneously working with multiple business units within the Bank to obtain consensus, development of project rollout and/or communication plans, obtain process and documentation approvals, address and resolve identified issues, and develop reference material(s).
- Assist in research and review of potential new products and vendors, as requested.
- Work with the business project sponsor and project manager in the development of Request for Proposal document, for new projects. Work with the business project sponsor and project manager in the review and evaluation of responses received for an RFP.
- Assist in tracking and reporting project deliverables and update project documentation accordingly.
- Utilize organization-wide developed and documented project management standards, best practices, and methodologies.
- Build relationships with business unit sponsors and IT delivery services team members to enable the PMO to provide effective support and timely facilitation and management of all projects
- Assist in conducting cost/benefit analysis and /or breakeven analysis for various projects assigned.
- Support project managers and project sponsors directly as they work to develop their formal project documentation.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as needed
- Participate in the Business Continuity Plan (BCP), as required.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act.
- Participate in all required Compliance training, either online or in house.
- Support the Bank's Mission Statement by being proactive in providing extraordinary personal service to all of the colleagues of the Bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Complies with all State and Federal Banking regulatory requirements, including but not limited to: BSA, Anti-Money Laundering OFAC, CIP, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, Sexual Harassment, Information Security and privacy requirements. This position will elevate suspicious activity to supervisory staff and/or BSA department. Completes compliance and other technical training workshops as assigned.
• 4+ years of progressive project management experience, with at least three years in cross-functional business units. Experience with the Administrative as well as Operational areas within the organization.
• Experience in creating an effective team and building strong relationships across organizations, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of banking, its products and structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to assess problems quickly and map out viable and effective solutions
- Education and Experience
- Required, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience with emphasis in accounting, finance preferred.
We specialize in staffing exceptional IT Professionals to industry leading companies in the US and abroad. Through our dedicated and ethical approach, we represent the finest employers and professionals in the marketplace today. This position is with one of our clients.
Seal Beach, CA
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:14:57 PDT