Technical Support - Chicago
This position will directly support the NEOSS program by working with clients, LS Technologies personnel, contractors and other government officials primarily at the FAA Southern Regional Office (ASO RO).
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide program management support to the FAA NEO line of business (LOB) related specifically to the operation and support of telecommunications networks and systems.
- Assist the Government in providing program management oversight support for all leased/owned FAA telecommunications programs until decommissioning or end of lifecycle with an emphasis on leased IP services.
- Maintenance of telecommunications equipment including local area networks (LAN) wide area networks (WAN), serial data service, digital broadband service (DDS and T1), routers, modems, personal computers and internet connections, analog voice services, telephones, fax machines, telephone switching equipment (PBX), and radios,
- Assist in the development of program management plans consisting of short and long range planning
- Communicate issues or concerns affecting the tasks and assist in resolution
- Conducting network performance and improvement analysis for FAA operational telecommunications
- Provide support for service restoration activities
- Assist in the resolution of open/chronic trouble tickets
- Provide liaison function with external customers
- Develop post-outage assessment documents and evaluate post outage assessment documents for significant outages such as analysis of contractor post-mortem and Reason-for-Outage(RFO) reports.
- Coordinating activities as appropriate with designated FAA staff
- Assisting in any other duties as requested
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in telecommunications
- Significant experience with IP networks a plus
- Must be proficient with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Excel
- Ability to multi-task, handle a fast-paced work environment, and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent writing, oral communication, management, and organizational skills
- Willingness to perform detailed work with little guidance and to interact in a positive manner with other government and industry personnel
• Applicants must possess or meet eligibility requirements for gaining a security clearance. US citizenship is required
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Consulting firm that supports that the Federal Aviation Administration
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 06:53:42 PDT