Director of Finance
J2's Email Security business unit includes FuseMail, Excel Micro, Comendo and Stay Secure with 5 offices in North America and Europe, around 150 people, and $50M of revenue. It focuses on Cloud based email security services for businesses. It offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance, while offering the benefits and opportunities of a successful global Cloud company. The work environment is fast-paced.
A new role of Director of Finance has been created to scale the business. Located at our office in Essington, PA., the Director of Finance provides senior-level counsel on management decisions by directing the organization's finance functions and by developing, monitoring, and reporting on metrics, KPI's, financial plans and budgets. The Director of Finance also manages the Revenue, Collections, and Billing functions with responsibility for the organizing, directing, and managing the work of staff in billing and collections as well as summarizing, and interpreting revenue, and other financial data. Director is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis ensuring financial integrity/accuracy while maintaining strong internal controls. Director drives the reporting process including monthly reporting to management, financial analysis.. Director will be responsible for driving and implementing lean processes, optimizing internal work processes from manual/paper based towards fully digital and system integrated processes. Director will work closely with the General Manager of Operations to provide key financial insight into the business as well as providing sound financial analysis of potential M&A targets along with organic growth opportunities.
The Director will report to the VP of Finance - j2 Global® in our corporate offices in California and have a dotted line reporting relationship to the VP and Managing Director, Email Security. The Director Finance will supervise the Finance Manager Europe, Billing and Collection Manager Excel Micro, Billing and Collection Manager FuseMail Canada,
- Ability to manage and scale finance teams locally as well as managing teams outside of the US.
- Manage financial due diligence for potential acquisitions.
- Experience with multi-national corporate environment managing global finance functions in various countries and currencies.
- Oversee entire billing process of the Email Security business ensuring timely and accurate billing and collections. Provide instruction and support for Billing Manager to ensure bills are generated timely and paid promptly.
- Guides management decisions by directing the preparation of detailed financial forecasts, developing financial plans and budgets for the organization based upon these forecasts resulting in the achievement of net revenue targets.
- Monitors variances to budgets and determines root cause of variances, offering solutions to improve performance going forward..
- Manages the organization's risk by implementing j2 credit policies; tax policies, developing and managing credit procedures; establishing, auditing, and enforcing internal controls; assisting with external and internal audits.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable sales tax laws. Ensures positive relationships with creditors and employees by establishing and supervising the management of Accounts Receivable and vendor relationships as necessary.
- Manage the local revenue accounting system, working with engineering on the integration of accounting and billing processes.
- Identifies opportunities for the organization to improve its financial and competitive position by monitoring industry changes, analyzing expansion, consolidation, or divestment opportunities.
- Review, assess and update internal controls and policies as necessary and as they pertain to collections, billing and revenue recognition in a subscription model.
- Has working knowledge of churn and other IT-cloud based service related metrics
Job Requirements and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in finance in the technology sector of which at least 5 years team management experience in a multi-national corporate environment.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and the subsequent integrations.
- Experience in the preparation and development of financial forecasts, plans, and budgets and has experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- An understanding of US SOX compliance
- Experience in general accounting, account analysis and financial reporting.
- Experience working in a multi-currency high volume recurring revenue model
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and implementing financial systems.
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Proficient technology skills, including MS Office Suite, Excel, Oracle Financials preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must excel in communication skills in a multinational environment.
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are located in Essington and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 08:39:17 PDT