Audio Visual Systems Engineer Low Voltage (#16864)
The Audiovisual Systems Engineer is responsible for performing designs, creating and modifying CAD drawings, specifications, sketches, project cost analysis, and technical comparisons as required by assignment.
- Assists in the development of audiovisual system design templates, standards, specifications and guidelines to improve department accuracy and efficiency.
- Attends customer meetings and assists in developing meeting minutes documenting specific system decisions/direction.
- Performs field inspections and provides documentation of audiovisual low voltage system infrastructure.
- Performs field inspections and provides documentation of operational audiovisual systems.
- Assists as a technical resource for MEP team requests/efforts related to designing systems support infrastructure.
- Coordinates with other project team members throughout the design process to ensure electrical, plumbing, mechanical and architectural infrastructure is in place to support audiovisual systems (e.g. racked equipment, displays projector heat loads, room ratings, and pathway and power requirements/topology).
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Technology.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design and installation of professional audio, video and control systems.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Project Management.
- Infocomm CTS and/or CTS- D Certifications preferred.
- Extron, Crestron, AMX, Biamp Manufacturer Certifications preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- Knowledge of related Building Codes and related Industry Standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with TIA/EIA Industry standards.
- Proven ability to resolve complex design problems
- Must be a team player and have ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Driven by quality of customer service.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality of work.
- Personal interests in audio, electronics, music instruments, live sound & recording, and video systems desired.
The tk1sc team is built on a foundation of technical competence, wide-ranging experience and collaborative focus. Our team includes licensed professional mechanical and electrical engineers, certified low voltage system engineers, certified sustainable design engineers, commissioning agents, lighting designers and BIM specialists. tk1sc approaches each project appreciating that every client and every building is unique, thus requiring our collaborative efforts and integrated design for optimal solutions.
Energy efficiency and long-term occupant satisfaction are the primary focuses to tk1sc sustainable project goals. We believe this is a teaming opportunity that brings all the best ideas to an integrated building environment. Environmentally conscious designs incorporate our philosophy of designing physical objects to conform to principles of ecological sustainability.
tk1sc enjoys the collaborative process in our work above all else. Whether partnering with an organization to create the specialized spaces they will inhabit, or interacting with industry partners to bring a design concept to reality, the collaborative process fuels our interest in every project. This process starts with understanding and developing a common goal through strategic planning and open communication. It evolves through trust, ownership, and action.
The aesthetic goals of a project are of primary importance to tk1sc. Listening to designers and ownership is key to integrating functionality into the intended art and beauty of a buildings architecture. We take pride in providing elegant and aesthetically pleasing solutions to complex and sensitive challenges.
A core competency of tk1sc is the design of critical-function facilities. From Healthcare Facilities to Data Centers, the acute nature of these facilities requires functional and practical solutions, which meet the occupant needs, while simultaneously addressing effective life cycle operation and maintenance.
-Standard Workweek is 4-1/2 days - Monday through Thursday from 8:00-6:00 and 8-12 on Friday.
-Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Long Term Disability Benefits
-We offer company-sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life, and Group Long-Term Disability insurance plans beginning on the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
-401(k) Retirement Plan - tk1sc offers a John Hancock 401(k) Plan for eligible employees. Eligible employees may begin salary deferrals on the first pay period following three months of service. The Company participates in a Safe Harbor Plan, contributing 3% of your gross earnings starting at hire date.
-Flexible Spending Account (Section 125 Cafeteria) - Employees have the option of participating in a calendar-year based FSA plan that allows for payment of qualified expenses for health care and dependent care on a pre-tax basis.
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:48:29 PDT