Tenure Track Faculty, Information Technology (Cisco)
Department Name Information Technology
Campus or Location Eastern Campus
Vacancy Number 004-18
Reports To Associate Dean
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category FT Faculty
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Information Technology (Cisco)
Teaches a variety of courses including but not limited to: specific courses in networking and networking hardware, software, security and administration
• Prepares and delivers lectures to students on various topics in relation to a specific discipline
• Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments and papers
• Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, speaking with colleagues and participating in professional conferences
• Maintains student attendance records, grades and other required records
• Initiates, facilitates and moderates classroom discussions
• As needed, advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues
• Plans, evaluates and revises curricula, course content and course materials and methods of instruction
• Compiles, administers and grades examinations
• Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
• Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students
• Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment
• Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, department matters and academic issues
• Participates in campus and community events
• Master's Degree in Information Technology or a related field
• Minimum of 2 years industry/business experience in computer technology
• Teaching experience
• Current Cisco CCNA
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for students
• Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
• Logic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Cisco CCAI
• Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching networking-related courses
• Experience using a learning management system to deliver distance learning courses
• Current computer industry certification in one of the following areas: networking and/or security
• Community college teaching experience
Classes are assigned, beginning August (Fall semester) 2017. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments may include working at multiple sites/campuses.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary $50,623 minimum; offer based on education/or and experience
This is a full-time tenure track faculty opportunity for the academic year beginning August (Fall) 2017. The academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) is 36 weeks in duration; summer contracts are issued separately.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
Posting Open Date 01/27/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or higher in Information Technology or a related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of 2 years industry/business experience in computer technology?
- * Do you have a current Cisco CCNA?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3