Construction Project Manager (All Levels - Provisional)
Oversees one or more aspects of the planning, execution, and completion of the design and construction of capital building projects and specialized construction at a Campus or University setting. Manages projects for renovation and/or maintenance of existing facilities.
- Develops quality standards and monitors performance
- Incorporates University procedures and standards such as safety and CUNY design standards
- Maintains compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and CUNY standards
- Applies project management procedures and standards using appropriate methods and technologies
- Communicates effectively with all project participants
- Meets standards for performance (time, cost quality)
- Enters, maintains, and accesses information in computer-based systems, such as project management systems, work order systems, inventory and timekeeping systems, and financial systems of various kinds
- Performs work indoors and outdoors under various environmental conditions, including extreme temperature conditions, climbing ladders and scaffolds, and working in close spaces as necessary to advance project(s)
- Work may require driving to work locations
This position is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Construction Project Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Baruch College is ranked among the region's and nation's top colleges with over 18,000 students; considered one of the most ethnically diverse student bodies in the United States; and is composed of five buildings containing 1.47 million square feet of space and a public plaza. Baruch College Campus Facilities reporting to the Assistant Vice President has over 150 administrative and professional staff, custodial and skilled trades. The Planning Office within the Campus Facilities is responsible for the College's planning, design, and construction projects. The office also manages the space programming; enhancements and renovations throughout the campus; the annual capital plan submission; and signage. Additionally the office is supported by the Director of Operations, Chief Administration Superintendent, Environmental Health and Safety Officer and others. The Project Manager will report directly to the Planning Director within Campus Planning.
A four-year high school diploma and six years of experience, in one or more of the following:
- Planning, administering or expediting architectural/engineering design and/or construction of a non-industrial building to be occupies by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
- Associates degree in engineering, architecture, landscape architecture with four (4) years of experience with non-industrial buildings to be occupied by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
- A Baccalaureate degree in engineering, landscape architecture or a related field with two (2) years of experience with non-industrial buildings to be occupied by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
- A Baccalaureate degree in architecture with 1 year of experience with non-industrial buildings to be occupied by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
Knowledge of English language (spoken, written, read) sufficient to carry out the activities described in this specification
A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in the State of New York, may be required for some positions.
There are three assignment levels within this class of positions.
Additional Requirements for Level 2:
To be appointed at Level 2: candidates must have at least one additional year of experience in one of the following:
- Supervision of employees within a construction project
- Supervision of a construction project
Additional Requirements for Level 3:
To be appointed at Level 3: candidates must have at least one year of experience above and beyond Level 2 (i.e., a total of two additional years' experience in project and/or personnel supervision).
New Hire: $59,712*
New Hire: $73,819*
New Hire: $87,828*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
April 22, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Construction Project Manager (All Levels - Provisional)
Job ID: 16525
Full/Part Time: Full-Time