Identity and Access Solutions Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 4) - Provisional
I.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Computer Systems Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
CUNY's Office of Computing and Information Services (CIS) provides central support for the University's information technology (IT) and telecommunication needs. CIS key roles include: supporting the enterprise IT needs of the University; developing new technologies that advance or support the University's core mission; building, upgrading and maintaining the University's network; supporting enterprise applications; operating the University Data Center; operating a central help desk to support campus IT operations; developing a University IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan; and leading the development of University's ERP Project, CUNYFirst. Within CIS, the Application Services unit provides strategic and operational leadership with respect to the design, development, support, and maintenance of business applications. The unit works closely with senior leaders to ensure a strong alignment between application solutions/services and CUNY business needs.
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Services, the Identity Access Solutions Manager leads and manages a team that offers superior client support and ensures proper access to the University's computing and communication services; promotes and ensures consistent performance of deployed services; and in coordination with others, supports the application change control process.
- Leads and manages a team of professionals responsible for supporting the University's identity and access management systems.
- Recommends departmental goals and directions for the identity and access management area, defining support strategies and integrations of the identity and access management systems to meet the University's enterprise-wide requirements.
- Performs oversight and administration of the support activities focused on identity and access management systems including testing, change control, monitoring utilization and triaging support.
- Acts as a high level technical resource to aid in the technical upgrade, analysis, design and configuration of the University's identity and access management systems and supported applications.
- Oracle Identity and Access Management suite (OAM, OIM, OID and OVD) containing one million users integrated with PeopleSoft ERP system.
- Microsoft Identity Management products (Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, Forefront Identity Manager and Azure AD Connect) serving as an enterprise-wide directory containing 300-400k users.
- Shibboleth federated identity solution.
- Other systems as appropriate.
- Supervises the performance of high quality technical support and service delivery to ensure rapid troubleshooting and response to outages and production support issues.
- Collaborates with application specialists, managers and others to facilitate processes, projects, installations, formulation of operating policies and procedures, and identify alternative solutions through feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis of alternatives especially in areas of CUNYfirst and other academic systems.
- Transforms functional requirements into technical requirements and suggests industry best-practice solutions with a continuous goal to automate processing and improve existing systems and processes.
- Analyzes customizations and attempts to retrofit to delivered products as much as possible.
- Evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for future direction of the University's identity and access management solution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
- Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Eight (8) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in designing, developing, and implementing Identity and Access Management Solutions based on Oracle's OIM, OID, OVD and OAM, and/or Microsoft's Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, Forefront Identity Manager, DirSync and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience managing a team of IT professionals.
- Experience architecting identity and access management solutions/strategies, developing implementation plans and working with multiple groups in designing identity and access management solutions.
- Experience building resource adapters, integrating role-based access control, end-user provisioning and synchronization of services with existing application systems.
- Experience in production application change control practices and processes.
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical staff, administrative users, and other Information Resources managers.
- Ability to interface with executive level management and give presentations.
- Ability to write, monitor and update technical project plans.
- Ability to support and understand technologies like LDAP, databases, networks, etc.
- Familiarity in the following areas: single sign-on, enterprise directory architecture and design, directory schema, namespace, replication topology, resource provisioning, role-based access Control, user lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin April 6, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: Identity and Access Solutions Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 4) - Provisional
Job ID: 16477
Full/Part Time: Full-Time