EOC Business Affairs Director
The Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) was established in 1966 by the State University of New York (SUNY) as the Urban Center in Manhattan, as a result of an act of the New York State Legislature. The MEOC has been funded by the State University of New York University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (SUNY-UCAWD) and administered by Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) of the City University of New York during its entire history.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of MEOC, this position has overall responsibilities for managing the day-to-day accounting operations for MEOC, monitoring the financial activities and providing a general oversight over the financial reporting, and implementing sound internal controls which are in compliance with federal, state and contractual guidelines and regulations.
- Access the effectiveness of EOC programs and actively seek funds for new programs through grant proposals.
- Coordinate the orientation and training for Business Affairs Office staff.
- Create and enforce accountability mechanisms for financial process and ensure leadership teams are kept abreast.
- Develop and implements internal control policies and procedures for the Center.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate City, State, Federal, GASB accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the chart of accounts for MEOC.
- Manage the overall department budget and track monthly expenditures, including outside vendors, contractors, etc.
- Oversee processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable transactions and biweekly payroll.
- Oversee shipping/ handling unit and external accounts.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Oracle/PeopleSoft software, and manage the conversion of existing system (QuickBooks) to the new system in collaboration with CUNY and BMCC Fiscal Office.
- Prepare and submit reports to various NYC, NYS and Federal agencies on use of grant funds.
- Prepare audit schedules and liaise with audit personnel during audits performed by various funding agencies.
- Prepare the annual operating budgets, maintain and update budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Prepare the financial statements, financial analyses, and ad-hoc management reports for the NYS and the college.
- Responsible for procurement/purchasing transactions, accounts payable/receivable, prepare and process procurement transactions.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations, maintain daily cash control; and prepare and post the Journal Entries.
- Supervise maintenance of petty cash account.
- Supervise the Business Affairs Office's employees and activities to ensure that the required reports are prepared on a timely basis.
- Track the budget limits for various expenditures. Prepare monthly expenditure reports and analysis of budget variances.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of MEOC.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' in managing accounting operations and performing high level analysis in accounting, computer applications in business, or related experience, preferably within an educational institution, are required.
Master's degree and/or CPA are preferred. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and competencies: demonstrated knowledge and mastery of the tools used for fund accounting and implementing accounting and budget systems. Proficiency in accounting software. Knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft is a big plus. Detail-oriented and multi-tasking ability. Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, managerial and organizational skills. Demonstrated experience in staff development and customer service.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Oversees the financial and administrative operations of an Educational Opportunity Center (EOC).
- Administers the financial operations of the EOC in a fiscally responsible manner and complies with various legal regulations and University policies
- Develops financial forecasting models to support strategic planning aligned with goals and initiatives
- Manages the EOC's business analyses, budget projections, allocations, financial planning and statements, procurement, and facility operations
- Develops and manages relationships in regard to fiduciary responsibilities with external institutions, including government agencies, corporations, and funding entities
- Serves as a member of the senior leadership team of the EOC, both internally and in outside forums
Performs related duties as assigned.
EOC Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
April 27, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: EOC Business Affairs Director
Job ID: 16547
Full/Part Time: Full-Time