Executive Director, Development and the Foundation
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Executive Director of Development and the Foundation for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
The Executive Director of Development and the Foundation is a management position designated by the Board of Trustees for the Chabot Las Positas Community College District. The incumbent is responsible for the satisfactory completion and/or coordination of the listed duties and responsibilities either directly or through administrative review. The incumbent is charged by the Board of Trustees with the satisfactory implementation of Board Policy and District procedure as applicable to the position. In addition, the incumbent is expected to participate in the formulation of District policies by making appropriate recommendations for improvements or additions to policies or procedures through his or her reporting authority and/or by serving on District-wide management councils.
The Executive Director of Development and the Foundation is responsible for the planning, development, quality, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of all Foundation and development programs and activities including but not limited to overseeing the Chabot Office of Development, general fundraising, major capital campaigns, planned giving programs, establishing and maintaining relationships with business and industry leaders for purposes of supporting the college, and the conduct of various events designed to raise funds or advance the image of the college in the community. The Executive Director of Development and the Foundation reports directly to the College President.
Job Title Executive Director, Development and the Foundation
Position Type Management
Position Code 2AFD03
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $120,956 - $143,695/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
The Executive Director of Development and the Foundation shall:
1. Be responsible for the development, management and overall leadership of the Chabot College Foundation and Office of Development;
2. Work with the Chief Executive Officer to recruit a Foundation Board of Directors who are prominent and responsible community and business leaders interested in providing and raising funds for the support of Chabot College educational and student programs and activities, scholarships, and capital outlay needs;
3. Regularly consult with College departments, faculty, staff and students to identify college programs and activities requiring financial and other support of the College Foundation and Office of Development;
4. Develop strategic and annual operating plans for the College Foundation and its fundraising programs and activities and for the Chabot Office of Development;
5. Develop and implement a wide variety of programs and activities including but not limited to general fundraising solicitation, grants, fundraising events and planned giving, and capital campaigns;
6. Develop partnerships with government agencies, civic and philanthropic organizations, foundations, trusts, business organizations and councils for purposes of fundraising and advancing the image of the college in the community;
7. Represent the College at meetings of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District Foundation, the Las Positas College Foundation, Chambers of Commerce, and various other civic and business related councils and organizations for purposes of fundraising and advancing the image of the college in the community;
8. Develop, implement and administer policies and procedures for the operation of the College Foundation Office and Office of Development select, supervise, manage and evaluate the College Foundation Office and Development staff and budgets;
9. Maintain and enhance relationships with former students and alumni through correspondence and periodic newsletters for purposes of general fundraising;
10. Prepare and publish an annual report summarizing College and Foundation accomplishments and awards, and the results of Foundation fundraising and other activities,
11. Assure compliance with all pertinent federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to fundraising programs and grants;
12. Coordinate the efforts of outside legal, investment, fundraising, research and other consultants needed to ensure the success of Foundation and grant programs and activities;
13. Exercise appropriate fiduciary oversight of Foundation assets, trust agreements, endowments, and gift acceptance and investment policies;
14. Other duties as assigned by the College President.
Minimum Education and Experience
Three or more years of demonstrated successful experience in the planning, development, or implementation of general fundraising, grants, and capital campaigns for private or public organizations or foundations or equivalent experience
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution.
Experience in interacting with Public and Private Agencies, foundations and
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Performance of the duties of this job may include the following physical activities: standing, walking, stooping, reaching and manipulating (lifting, carrying, moving) light to medium weights of 10-30 pounds, sitting for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity for reading numerical figures; good hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp; and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read application information. Performance of the duties of this job frequently involves sitting, reaching with hands and arms, talking, and hearing. This position also involves regular travel to various locations.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number AS057P
Open Date 03/24/2017
Close Date 04/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER