Lecturer - School of Humanities Program in Academic English/ESL
Open March 24th, 2017 through May 6th, 2017
If you apply to this recruitment by May 6th, 2017, you will have until May 7th, 2017 to complete your application.
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES
PROGRAM IN ACADEMIC ENGLISH/ESL
2017 Fall Quarter
Pending funding, the Program in Academic English anticipates hiring part-time Academic English/ESL Lecturer(s) to teach Academic English/ESL writing courses and participate in university-wide placement testing and other departmental activities.
Fall quarter service period: 9/25/2017 - 12/15/2017
• Ph.D. or M.A. degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field. Current PhD or M.A. candidates must have their degree in conferred by the beginning of instruction on September 25, 2017 to be eligible for employment.
• Minimum of three years of experience teaching ESL writing for academic purposes to undergraduate students in a university program.
• Knowledge of second language acquisition, academic literacy, language assessment and composition and ESL methodology.
• Cross-cultural teaching experience, including the instruction of international students.
• Record of ongoing professional development and achievement
• Experience in teaching ESL or composition online or in a computer lab
• Experience in teaching content-based English to students in history, biological sciences, economics or other discipline areas
• Experience publishing ESL textbooks
• Experience teaching upper-division composition in university settings
• Experience teaching reading in university settings
• Experience teaching oral language skills in university settings
• Experience teaching graduate students
SALARY: $6,512.38 per course
APPLICATIONS should be submitted electronically at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03876
For more information, please contact: Stephanie Isnali, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin and continue until the position(s) are filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now