Web Developer - Full Stack
We are looking for a full-stack developer to continue developing Lume, our software platform for measuring and boosting employee development and learning. The primary focus of the role will be on developing and implementing new features for the application. In addition, he or she will help maintain and deploy the platform for clients.
*most of the work will be completed in the DC location, travel to Herndon will also be required*
- Implementing new functionality for the Lume platform: We're interested in a developer who can help translate our ideas into code (on both the front end and back end) and expand our platform's existing feature set
- Ongoing maintenance of existing platform installations: We need someone who can quickly diagnose and resolve any issues that crop up
- Assessing feasibility and explaining development tradeoffs: We need someone who can provide accurate estimates and explanations to the whole team (including those with no programming background) of what it will take to implement to new features
- Willingness to learn new technologies and frameworks: Learning is what we're all about, and we need someone who's curious and eager to engage with new concepts and try new things
- Flexibility and ability to work in an agile context: We're looking for someone who can pivot and adapt to evolving requirements
- Application deployment and integration with client systems and technologies: We're looking for someone who can help with tasks like setting up single sign-on and corporate user management
- Other duties as assigned
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor's degree required
- Experience developing web applications
- Mobile app development experience is a plus
- Must have flexibility and ability to work in an agile context: must be able to pivot and adapt to evolving requirements
- Experience developing web applications (mobile app development experience is a plus)
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of React (experience with React Native is a plus)
- Command of SQL databases
- DevOps experience (AWS and Docker in particular)
- Management of hosting environments (including database administration and scaling to support load changes)
- Implementation of security and data protection
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Implementing automated testing
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation is required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.