Grants and Contracts Specialist
Working Title: Grants and Contracts Specialist
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Cancer Center
Posting Date: 03-24-2017
The University of Virginia Cancer Center is seeking a Grants & Contracts Specialist to assist the Scientific Director for the Stem Cell Transplantation program. The position manages the submission process for grant proposals and contributes to grant writing, as well as performs other administrative duties, such as: editing, managing calendars, scheduling travel, handling supplies, and maintaining equipment. This position interacts with purchasing, grants, and accounting offices concerning all areas of account reconciliation, transaction justification, transfer, and distribution of funds for clinical trials and pre-clinical studies.
Bachelor's degree required in hand by appointment start date. Eight years of relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement. Candidates must have excellent writing and editing skills, and strong basic math skills and comprehension. Two years of experience in grants and contracts is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with a team.
2. Working knowledge of proper telephone protocol, maintenance of office calendar, excellent organizational and time management skills.
3. Ability to apply critical thinking and proactive problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Experience assisting Principal Investigators in grant writing and administration.
6. Excellent writing and editing skills.
7. Strong basic math skills and comprehension.
8. Ability to multitask.
9. Ability to work independently.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81444