Development Assistant, College of Music Advancement Team
The College of Music Advancement Team has an opportunity for a Development Assistant to provide administrative support to a team of advancement professionals working with the College of Music, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival, and CU Boulder Libraries.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be:
The Development Assistant will
- Manage general office needs, including supplies, mail, general communications, etc.
- Process gifts and donations within one business day, providing support for donors, faculty and staff colleagues with gift questions.
- Coordinate and handle scheduling and meetings between advancement staff, faculty and donors, including setting up on and off campus appointments and creating weekly agenda of topics for team staff meeting.
- Process invoices, purchase orders and expense reports and communicate with CU accounting department to address any issues and obtain approvals.
- Develop and implement effective travelling strategies and systems for development officers and other team members, including booking travel, creating necessary trip paperwork, scheduling out-of-state donor visits, collaborating with university partners to coordinate travel for DOs and faculty partners, and working alongside events manager.
- Manage team's budget.
- Manage the team's facility needs.
- Hire and manage one or more student assistants to accurately and reliably provide support for ongoing administrative processes and projects.
- Act as liaison to advisory boards as assigned.
- Generate gift agreements and work with Gift Administration, donors and campus colleagues to manage the routing and approval process.
- Assist with special events as needed, including nights and weekends.
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inspired. Be inclusive. Be successful. Be Boulder.
About the College of Music
The University of Colorado Boulder is the state's flagship institution. The College of Music, founded in 1920, is recognized as one of the top comprehensive music schools in the country. The College of Music offers seven degree programs in over 28 fields of study, at the bachelor's level through the doctorate. Our dedicated and supportive community of 550 degree-seeking students, 68 full-time faculty, 30 part-time faculty, and 27 professional, technical and administrative staff produces over 350 performances and numerous guest lectures, master-classes, and outreach events each year. Facilities include the historic 2000-seat Macky Auditorium and the Imig Music Building, which houses the Howard B. Waltz Music Library, classrooms, practice rooms, studios, three technology labs, the 500-seat Grusin Music Hall, 117-seat Chamber Hall, and 250-seat Music Theatre. See the College of Music for more detailed information.
What We Require:
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred.
- At least one year of experience in administrative support.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, in addition to regular business hours.
What You Will Need:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Expert knowledge of Business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail and solid knowledge of money handling and mathematics.
What We'd Like You to Have:
- A degree or advanced degree in music or the arts.
- Experience in arts administration.
- Experience working within the CU Boulder environment a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 26, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Mar 24, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 23, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00001268