Nurse Practitioner - Mineola
Nurse Practitioner - Mineola-1602889
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
Requires license to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State, Master's degree in nursing or completion of a course for Nurse Practitioner and certification as a Nurse Practitioner. One (1) year of full-time work experience as a Nurse Practitioner in general internal medicine.
Two (2) additional years of NP experience in general internal medicine. Oncology experience. Familiarity with NCCN guidelines and performing phlebotomy, conducting spirometry tests and EKGs. Bilingual Spanish/English. Knowledge of WTC Health Program policies and procedures.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct monitoring examinations for the WTC Monitoring Program patients under the supervision of the Director or designee.
- Provide treatment to WTC Program patients for WTC covered conditions including but not limited to aero digestive diseases and psychological and social problems. Actively participate in our Collaborative Care Model of healthcare delivery.
- Make referrals as appropriate to other healthcare providers and/or consult with physicians for further definitive therapy.
- Perform necessary administrative duties associated with the WTC program including but not limited to completing final letters, Worker’s Compensation, SSI (supplemental security income), LODI (line of duty injury), attorney- requested forms, letters, as well as certification for WTC-related illnesses, which is required of member services.
- Work with Cerner electronic medical records system for all patient charting documentation.
- Maintain ongoing communication with physicians, social workers, Clinical Administrator, nurses and other staff relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Occasional Saturdays will be required. Travel between the Mineola and Commack clinics will be required.** FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain the FLSA exemption. Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Job Field: Nurse Practitioner
Primary Location: US-NY-Mineola
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30-5:00Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Mar 23, 2017
Posting End Date: May 15, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: $85-110K Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: E79