INFORMATION PROCESSING CONSULTANT, HEALTH INNOVATION PROGRAM
JOB NO.: 89879-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: SMPH/POP HEALTH SCI/HIP
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 89879-AS
Working Title: Information Processing Consultant, Health Innovation Program
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A538550-MEDICAL SCHOOL/POP HEALTH SCI/HIP
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: Bachelors degree in information technology, computer networking, systems administration or security or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: REQUIRED:
1) Experience working with Windows, Linux and VMware servers, Windows desktop operating systems and office apps.
2) Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of application interfaces and perform a range of PC-related support activities.
3) Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter, desire to learn and the ability to work in an academic research team environment.
4) Technical coursework in Active Directory, Microsoft Servers, Networking, Virtualization
5) Bachelors degree in information technology, computer networking, systems administration or security.
1) Production environment experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Servers, Backup and Endpoint Administration, Remote Gateways, File Transfers, Scripting, Networking, Virtualization, Security; current web technologies and information technology trends, with specific research software packages such as SAS and Stata in an educational and/or healthcare research environment preferred.
2) Four years of work experience preferred.
Position Summary: This is an exciting opportunity to join a small IT team in a dynamic and growing organization. The Health Innovation Program (HIP) operates within the Department of Population Health Sciences (PHS) in the UW School of Medicine and Public Health (UW SMPH), where information technology plays a critical role in creating the research environment. The research activities of HIP include extensive work with large healthcare databases and partnerships with other healthcare organizations. The information processing consultant works within HIP to support a wide variety of network infrastructure and research applications for faculty and researchers.
Additional Information: The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Contact: Leo Cross
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: Please click on the "Apply Now" link to submit a resume and cover letter referencing PVL 89879 for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 24 Mar 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 24 Apr 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time