Alumni and Donor Engagement Specialist
Who We Are:
University Advancement professionals coordinate the university's primary outreach activities to the community and region. This includes memberships in key organizations, attendance at key community events, representation on important community initiatives and the creation of partnerships supporting the university's mission.
Alumni and Donor Engagement Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for building relationships with alumni and donors across constituencies with an eye towards increasing support at leadership giving levels of $1,000+ and identifying new major and planned gift prospects. This individual will work closely with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Annual Fund and the Executive Director of Development to support the qualification and identification of new prospects and stewardship of current donors. Some travel may be required as a primary responsibility is personal visits with donors and prospects. This position will also support the efforts of the UCCS call center.
*This is a two year limited appointment position, but may be extended longer with funding availability.
Attract prospective and retain existing donors, monitor mailings and analyze past donation:
- Manage a prospect portfolio of alumni and donors who have the potential to make gifts between $1,000 and $25,000 annually.
- Successfully achieve 125-200 significant contacts per year through personal visits, university events and directed correspondence.
- Develop strategies to identify and prioritize prospects through working with prospect research to strategically segment prospects with an eye towards the achievement of campus philanthropic goals.
- Identify and transition major giving prospects to the appropriate development officer.
- Work in concert with Development Office personnel and the Director of Donor Relations to effectively execute stewardship activities designed to enhance the relationship between donors and the University.
- Identify and refer alumni and donors to campus engagement opportunities as appropriate.
- Able to handle high-profile and high net worth individuals with a focus on enhancing the donor experience.
Report on annual gift activities and ensure gift programs are in line with CU strategies:
- Work collaboratively with Development Office and Alumni Office personnel to graduate supporters through the development pipeline from annual giving to leadership annual giving, to major gifts.
- Promote campus engagement through events and appropriate activities to mobilize prospects.
- Partner with CU System Advancement to assist in retention and acquisition strategies for the Torchbearers program.
- Provide necessary documentation and follow-up for donors and internal campus partners as needed. Accurately record alumni and donor contact reports in a timely fashion.
Updating databases and adding or deleting customer contact information as required:
- Coordinate with the UCCS call center to support pledge fulfillment and stewardship efforts.
Organizing and coordinating projects and events:
- Act as liaison to university contacts, the CU Foundation, vendors, donors, alumni clubs, volunteers, and others as related to assigned programs/projects.
- Assume special projects as requested by senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex tasks simultaneously; anticipate and meet deadlines; use time effectively; problem-solve independently while keeping key parties aware; and function in a quick turn-around environment.
- Night and weekend work is expected on occasion as well as regional travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Direct administrative services and develop policies and procedures:
- Perform administrative tasks which may consist of correspondence, composing and maintaining external lists, internal documents and processes.
- May create or modify marketing plan to enhance communication related to program. Will create lists, labels, signs, etc. necessary to market subject program.
Perform administrative and clerical support of the competency database:
- Solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database management software.
- Ability to use software including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Database Management Software (Advance).
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of project planning and development. Plan, organize, and monitor projects
- Knowledge of strategies and technologies that allow business to be conducted via the web
- Practices that describe results in measurable ways to assist in making business decisions
- Use of office support, desktop tools (Word, e-mail, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision
- Generate productive relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
For the purposes of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $48,000-$52,000 (This is a two year limited appointment position, but may be extended longer with funding availability).
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Education: Bachelor's degree must be conferred no later than spring semester of 2017.
- Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years' experience planning and managing projects required.
- Previous knowledge of Database Management Software (Advance).
- Coursework, degree or volunteer service to UCCS
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by April 7, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40376 - Advancement
Posting Date: Mar 24, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Courtney Sparks
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00731804