Professional Research Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Center for Health, Work & Environment
Professional Research Assistant
NATURE OF WORK:
The Colorado School of Public Health represents a multi-university collaboration between University of Colorado Denver (UCD), Colorado State University (CSU) and University of Northern Colorado (UNC) whose mission is to inspire academicians, practitioners, and students of public health to work collaboratively to assure that all people and communities are healthy and their environments sustainable.
The Center for Health, Work & Environment (CHWE) at the Colorado School of Public Health conducts research on workplace health, safety and well-being, implements community-based public health projects in the US and abroad, as well as pilot project research opportunities throughout the West. It offers academic training to graduate and postdoctoral students and conducts professional development courses and events. It is committed to partnering with community stakeholders who share the mission of improving the health, safety and well-being of workers, their families, and communities.
The Center has an opportunity for a full-time Professional Research Assistant to assist with data management activities at the Center. This individual would provide data management support for multiple research and community-based projects in the Center. This position will work with faculty and staff across CHWE to keep research projects running smoothly and efficiently.
This position reports directly to the Director of the Center for Health, Work & Environment
This position does not have any supervisory duties
This position does not have any fiscal responsibilities
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provide data management support to members and staff in CHWE to include developing, cleaning, maintaining, and querying databases and large, complex, datasets in support of research projects
- Handle secure collection and transmission of data both within CHWE and with external collaborators
- Formulate, implement, and document proper data collection and management policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot problems concerning database records and communicate information to users
- Create and update standard reports
- Assist with COMRIB submissions and other human subjects applications, recordkeeping, and maintenance
- Analyze program data for integrating with program evaluation and improving program design
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong skills in management of large complex datasets including data collection, utilization and validation
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong data reporting and analytics competencies
- Ability to work with common statistical software packages including SAS, SPSS, R, S-Plus, or STATA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand and contribute to research methodologies and report designs
- Ability to work with biomedical and public health investigators
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- A Bachelor's degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a directly related quantitative field
- Experience with common statistical software packages
- Knowledge of and fluency in database management using commonly used database management systems
- A Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a directly related quantitative field
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is $50,000-65,000 and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please direct questions about this posting to Carol Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08967
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21549 - CSPH-Cntr for WorkHealth&Envir
Posting Date: Mar 24, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carol Brown
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00350524