Coord, IT Projects
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Coord, IT Projects
Job Number: 2017256
Location: San Marcos
Department: Instructional Media
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $4105 + commensurate with experience
Job Category: Exempt
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite including inCopy and InDesign workflows
• Experience with Office 365
• Able to communicate effectively in person, phone, and email
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong proofing and editing skills
• Experience in writing for targeted audiences across a range of communication channels
• Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments and manage projects
• Experience conducting interviews and writing content that is easily understood by a range of audiences
• Strong communication, teamwork, and organization skills with an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy
• Self-motivated with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, and use independent judgment
• 2-5 years experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Digital Media, Journalism, Advertising or related field
• Experience producing written content in a publication house, advertising agency, or in-house creative design group
• Experience with brand development and messaging
• Experience writing copy for digital devices including web, mobile and social platforms
• Experience producing content within a higher education environment
• Ability to understand target audience research and develop compelling copy based on that research
• The personality to build strong client relationships that focus on defining client needs and producing effective communications that meet client goals
We are looking for a person to write engaging content across multiple communication channels. You will be assisting our in-house creative team to identify, write and edit content. Our team works within Instructional Technologies Support, providing a range of design, video and communication services to our unit, division and the larger university academic community.
Candidate should have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent editing skills, including technical knowledge, grammar, and format. Good organizational skills including the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
Our work consists of print, web, interactive, environmental, social and video projects that enhance the university's academic environment. Project work ranges from large scale projects requiring detailed content strategy planning, to internal and external communications essential to providing clear and engaging content.
Benefits: Texas State University offers a wide range of employee benefits. Details are available at http://www.hr.txstate.edu/benefits.html.
• Research and analyze client needs, create appropriate communication plans, write engaging goal oriented content that tells a great story.
• Assist the in-house design team in evaluating current departmental outreach with the intent of developing a comprehensive ongoing communication plan to improve internal and external departmental messaging.
• Participate in planning meetings to help determine clients’ marketing needs and set strategies to complete projects effectively.
• Manage and coordinate assigned projects: balancing work flow to meet deadlines.
• Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and develop original stories targeting defined audiences across a range of communication channels.
• Edit copy submitted by clients, and ensure copy adheres to brand and style guides.
Additional Information to Applicants:
This is a non-permanent, benefits eligible position for one year subject to renewal.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER. WRITING EXAMPLES ARE REQUIRED AND CAN BE ATTACHED OR SUPPLY A LINK TO ONLINE SAMPLES.
Job Open Date: 03/22/2017
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce