Schedule M-F 9am-6pm
Under direction, ,this position performs higher level professional accounting duties; supervise clerical, paraprofessional, and professional staff involved in accounting and fiscal recordkeeping work. Participate in a wide range of the Accounting Department activities as required to produce accurate financial statements in accordance to company and department standards. Rely on instruction and predetermined guidelines established by management.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide support to the senior accountants.
• Prepare or verify a variety of complex accounting, statistical, and narrative statements or reports requiring extensive analysis and interpretation of data.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize financial position.
• Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions.
• Establish and maintain new departmental accounting systems and procedures; make recommendations on the implementation of departmental accounting system revisions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; establish and maintain effective accounting controls.
• Record higher risk transactions and create reconciliations.
• Record and maintain periodic journal entries for EVO and its affiliates, such as month-end revenue and processing expenses.
• Calculate and prepare commission reports.
• Prepare stand-alone financial statements.
• Associate's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience and 3-5 years' experience in accounting, finance or related field; preferably in credit card industry.
• General knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping techniques and principles.
• Basic knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Experience with Great Plains accounting software is a plus
• Attention to accuracy and detailed in processing information.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Good oral and written communication, organization and analytical skills are necessary.
• Proficiency in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite in particular Microsoft Excel - strong skills required)
EVO is a leading privately-held payments service provider of merchant acquiring and processing solutions for small businesses, Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs), financial institutions, government organizations, and multinational corporations located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, EVO is a single source for the full range of electronic payment services. EVO offers an industry leading array of secure, innovative products and solutions that support the growth of their highly valued customers and their businesses. Our 600,000+ worldwide customers trust us to provide reliable point-of-sale solutions for their eCommerce, mobile, and retail businesses and to support alternative and noncash payment methods, including EMV, NFC, and mobile wallets.
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 11:42:09 PDT