Washington State University
Washington State University is Washington’s land-grant university with campuses located in Everett, Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Vancouver. Additionally, research centers are located throughout the state, extension offices are located in every county in Washington, and online degree programs are offered worldwide. WSU employees promote academic excellence and innovative research that serves the state, nation, and world. With a focus on innovation, excellence, and accountability, continual enhancement of research and educational endeavors are at the core of WSU’s strategic priorities.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 22 universities in the US, UK, and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, and Washington State University.
This position will report directly to the INTO WSU Executive Director
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Washington State University (INTO WSU) Center. Duties and scope may change as INTO WSU and this role evolves from the start-up phase to continuous operations. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
The Enrollment Manager is responsible for the oversight and direction of the admission and enrollment processes for INTO WSU. This position develops and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to assist students and enhance their experience in applying and being admitted to INTO WSU. The Enrollment Manager will work in close collaboration with the INTO North America Application Processing Center and WSU International Admissions.
Key accountabilities and duties The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Optimize student satisfaction and academic success through the development and improvement of enrollment processes, and seamless progression and transition processes.
- Work closely with INTO WSU staff to monitor enrollment process from registration through progression.
- In conjunction with the Application Processing Center (APC) will work closely to monitor the application process for INTO WSU, following all established applications and admissions procedures for INTO University Partnerships and WSU.
- Conduct consistent weekly meetings with assigned APC manager and the Director WSU International Admissions to ensure smooth process flow and communication.
- Co-manage the Direct Admit process in collaboration with the APC and WSU International Programs.
- Develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to University partners, INTO WSU colleagues, INTO’s global recruitment unit, INTO North America, applicants, students, agency representatives, and sponsoring agencies.
- Work with the Marketing and Recruitment Manager to assist with various projects as required, including circulation of updated entry requirements, communications, payments, etc.
- Optimize student conversion rates from potential inquiries through good relationship management with key stakeholders in collaboration with the APC.
- Implement admissions/enrollment processes and procedures for INTO WSU as determined by the Director of International Admissions, in collaboration with APC Director and the Executive Director of INTO WSU.
- Liaise with technical staff on information systems processes and procedures and work closely with the INTO WSU Systems Integration Manager and relevant personnel on system problems and their resolution, and ensure consistent reporting of data.
- Oversee registration for INTO WSU programs in collaboration with relevant academic and administrative teams.
- Manage and coordinate all INTO WSU operations related to admissions and registration. Support the flow of information between the academic, student services, learning resource center, admissions, and finance teams.
- Ensure that accurate and relevant management information is collated and is available to key stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with the distribution of commission payments where required.
- Supervise assigned position within the team, including hiring, assigning work, monitoring progress, and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is based at the Washington State University Campus in Pullman, Washington
- Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of four years’ experience in managing and coordinating academic and administrative operations; Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience using data systems to generate reports
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Experience with international admissions
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- Master’s degree in related field, i.e. international or student affairs
- Experience living and/or studying abroad
- Supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Proficiency in second language other than English
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or SalesForce
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability working as a productive member of a large team
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications and organizational skills
- Computer and electronic communication literacy
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume:
Open until filled.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.