Senior Systems Administrator
Techsoft is offering a challenging and rewarding position as a Senior Systems Administrator supporting the Space and Warfare Systems Center (SPAWAR) in Charleston, SC for the US Navy. The position will require administration of systems on both RDT&E and NMCI at both the SIPR and NIPR levels. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Administration of Windows based systems and components
- Serves as authority on security best practices with familiarity of DISA STIGs and IAVAM required
- Establish procedures for maintenance of data files and access control for a complex system of networked devices on both NMCI and RDT&E networks
- Responsible for overall system security, data integrity, and continuous reliability and availability of services
- Responsible for lifecycle plans for hardware/software upgrades and support
- Configuration, installation, operation and maintenance of hardware and software in both Test and Production environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve all software, hardware or networking issues; access blockages due to HBSS; Load Testing and Performance enhancements and other efforts to keep system operating at peak efficiency as requirements change
- Ensure system meets or exceeds all requirements of DoD, DISA STIG and adhere to directives of DIACAP IA program
- Provide user support to developers, database administrators and other security professionals
- Evaluate request or need for hardware and software modifications or upgrades; research and recommend solutions to emerging needs of system or users and optimize recommendation to best meet security, reliability, availability of system and any data contained within
- Analyzes system and programs for NIPR, SIPR and both on Test and Production environments; checks logs, performance data, and confers with developers, database administrator, Help Desk, and Users for input or areas of concern to evaluate or monitor
Required Skills - Must have solid understanding and experience with
- Windows Server
- Windows Hyper-V or VM Ware
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- IIS, SQL Server, Web Server (Apache,Tomcat)
- Team Foundation Server
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Certificate integration for SSL communications with Web Servers
- Information Assurance standards within Dept of Defense
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- NIST Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
Required Education and Experience
- Active DoD Security Clearance at SECRET level
- IAT II Level certification or higher (Active CompTIA Security+ or CISSP, CASM, CEH, etc and an OS Certification)
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or applicable and 5 years of related experience or 9+ years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- At least 3 years as lead or senior administrator on DoD Project
TECHSOFT is an established small business that provides high-quality, repeatable IT, security, training, and process improvement products and services to both commercial and government clients. TECHSOFT offers a full benefits package with several options that can be tailored to your needs; has an active social committee that plans year-round family-oriented activities outside of work; and encourages employees to participate in local charities such as Relay for Life and Special Olympics. See https://www.facebook.com/techsoft for our latest events.
TECHSOFT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard for their protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. TECHSOFT complies with all applicable federal requirements, and state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
TECHSOFT will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with TECHSOFT's legal duty to furnish information.
As a federal contractor, TECHSOFT is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. The E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click on 'E-Verify' logo.
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:06:01 PDT