Payroll Tax Analyst
This position is with a payroll service bureau located in The Woodlands, TX. We process payrolls, file payroll tax returns and make related federal, state and local tax deposits for clients throughout the US. This position will also offer a higher level of customer service and support to our clients as well as internally.
- Assist with the setup and verification of new clients as they are added to the payroll and tax filing software.
- Perform setup new tax codes as clients move into new jurisdictions.
- Work with clients and states to ensure power of attorney forms are submitted and confirmed in tax filing software.
- Setup 'Agent' roles for applicable states as required.
- Regular monitoring of clients with 'Applied For' accounts.
- Perform exports of SUI Rate request data for various states and import the response data to ensure accurate client SUI rates.
- Cross training to assist with tax filing in all states.
- Management of assigned tax notices.
- Discuss with clients regarding adjustments/amended returns that might be requested or required by Alliance.
- Assist with the reconciliation's and creation/uploading of tax returns during the quarterly/year end process.
Skills and qualifications:
- CPP a plus
- Must be very familiar with multi state and local payroll taxes.
- Knowledge of state online tax systems.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc).
- Minimum 3 years payroll tax related experience.
- MasterTax Software experience is a plus.
Alliance Payroll is a team of payroll professionals who have been delighting thousands of clients across the US for over two decades. The average team member has been with Alliance for over 10 years, and we are ready to use that experience to serve you.
We are focused on delivering personalized service and state-of-the art technology as opposed to flashy
marketing initiatives and empty promises.
With Alliance Payroll, you have a voice. For over twenty years we have listened to what our users would like out of their payroll and HR solution. AllPay is our answer to the hundreds of requests and ideas submitted. And because we own our technology and develop enhancements in-house, you can make a difference.
We operate in a SSAE16 SOC1(Formerly SAS 70 Type II) environment and are committed to delivering web-based, real-time solutions that exceed the everyday functions of our competitors. Each client has a dedicated service representative who is readily available via telephone, email and online chat.
The Woodlands, TX
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:54:39 PDT