E-Infotek is a Bay Area based company and we work with DIRECT CLIENTS ONLY. We don't submit resumes to any portals, they go directly to Hiring Managers. We offer 401K, medical insurance & direct deposits via Paychex.
We have a high priority job opening with a Global / Fortune 100 client. These are Long term Contract/Contract to Hire opportunities.
Our Retail client is seeking a talented hands-on Java Architect with a passion for building world-class experiences for large audiences. The position includes opportunities to work with state-of-the-art web technologies and large-scale infrastructure. This is a great position if you like creating customer solutions, with hands-on development in addition to improving core software infrastructure. This is a full-time position at our headquarters in San Francisco.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The ideal candidate has experience building large-capacity consumer-facing websites, experience working with new technologies, and a desire to build great products for new and expecting parents. The Software Architect is responsible for the construction of consumer and advertising software solutions, using a team-based approach and collaborating with all functions on the team to ensure that each feature delivered is of the highest quality and conforms to engineering standards.
- Developing and improving the technical infrastructure, organization, and framework for the site's codebase as well as reduce overall technical debt.
- Be the hands-on Java developer and architect responsible for the technical design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features on the site. Be responsible for peer review of code and solution ideas and creation of automated test suites for new and existing features.
- Continually analyze and measure performance, availability, and scalability of applications and build long-term architecture vision. Manage the balance between technology evolution, maintenance, and new-feature delivery.
- Participate in deploying, operating, scaling, tuning, and troubleshooting team products. Implement and improve core software infrastructure.
- Participate in defining and improving coding standards. Collaborate with other software architects to ensure that solutions are built in a consistent framework to a high-quality standard.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and sales teams to develop new products and features, gather requirements, and scope work.
- Partner with the team engineering manager to define the technical roadmap for the team and implementation strategy.
- Use in-depth understanding of BabyCenter technologies to drive cross-team initiatives and improvements.
- Mentor, coach, and support engineers in their technical growth and learning industry best practices.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, or similar is required. MIS in computer science, or similar is preferred.
- Oracle Java or TOGAF or similar related architect certification is preferred.
- Large-scale consumer Internet development experience is required.
- 6+ years web development experience is required.
- 3+ years of experience as back-end solutions architect is required.
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and of articulate platform desk philosophy and its evolution required.
- Expertise in architecting solutions in Java/J2EE, MVC pattern, Spring suite of Frameworks, and related technologies are required.
- Working knowledge of building RESTful web services in a service-oriented-architecture environment using cloud infrastructures is required.
- Adept in computer science fundamentals, distributed processing, algorithms, problem solving, design patterns, and OO design is required.
- Selenium test automation with good understanding of CI is preferred.
- Experience with team-based agile development methodology is preferred.
The client is not able to sponsor any work visa at this time.
If you're not currently on the market or feel this job isn't a great match for you, please feel free to forward this email to anyone in your network you'd like to refer. Thank you!
We are a IT consulting company and working with Top Bay area clients and others.
San Francisco, CA
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:45:46 PDT