Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation's finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The mission of the Department of Capital Planning and Project Management is the effective planning, design and construction of new buildings, renovations to existing buildings, and renewal of interior finishes, furniture, accessories and signs for the college.
The Planner/Project Manager is responsible strategic capital planning studies and for providing planning consulting on projects other than those directly assigned, and for managing the department's Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems. In addition, this individual is responsible for the design and construction of renovation projects, particularly those requiring extensive planning to develop project scope and sequence, program and site selection. Perform other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree in an accredited curriculum in facilities planning or project management, architecture or a related field.
- Minimum ten years' project management experience with renovation projects, including planning, design and/or construction management using Revit, and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of the field of institutional design and construction.
- Knowledge of computer-based spreadsheet, word processing and scheduling programs.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and logical thinking.
- Progressive project management experience in the higher education field.
- LEED Green Associate or AP credential.
- Knowledge and experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) execution plans and Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie) standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional education.
For the complete job description and to apply go to:
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.