Senior Director of Student Service
LRAP is looking for a Senior Director of Student Service
Are you a talented financial aid professional with a dedication to student success, and a passion for higher education? If you’re motivated by helping college students pursue their dreams, then you belong at LRAP.
Why join LRAP? LRAP Association provides our unique, innovative Loan Repayment Assistance Program to colleges and universities across the country. We help students enroll in the college of their choice with the peace of mind to know that if their income after graduation is low, we’ll help them with their student loan payments. Noble, isn’t it?
Why else? LRAP is a fast growing company full of dedicated, passionate individuals who delight in coming to work each day knowing that we’re making a difference in the lives of college students. Oh, and the comprehensive benefits package is nice too.
As Senior Director of Student Service, you will lead your support team in managing the calculation and processing of repayment assistance requests, working with our clients to provide LRAP offer letters to students, and in supporting the entire LRAP team as an expert in college financial aid.
As a fast-growing company, we’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our Student Service team in our Lisle, IL location. As part of the Student Service team, you will have a direct, hands-on role in ensuring students in our program are well served.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the operations of our student service team, including overseeing calculation of repayment assistance due to our program participants.
- Applying our program’s terms & conditions to student and graduate situations.
- Working with our client colleges and universities to provide LRAP offer letters to students and parents.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within LRAP and to our clients regarding Federal Student Aid.
- Enthusiastically handle opportunities and able to adapt to our constantly changing business environment, and can perform related duties as required.
- Mentoring and developing your direct reports.
Skills and experience:
- Experience as financial aid officer preferred; higher education background required.
- In-depth knowledge of college financial aid and the student loan industry.
- Experience in speaking with students and parents regarding college financial aid.
- Must be adept at financial calculation and analysis.
- Comfortable, credible and persuasive in communicating to all audiences, large and small, from presidents to front line staff. Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- A consummate professional. Self-motivated. Can-do spirit. Team-player. Strong leader. Great at problem solving, planning and organizing.
- Flexible. Adaptable. Dependable.
- BA/BS degree required; a graduate degree is a plus.
Salary plus bonus is commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement.
LRAP Association provides a powerful response to every student and family who questions whether college is worth it. LRAP helps colleges assure students of their freedom to follow their highest ambitions after graduation. If a student graduates to a modest income, LRAP helps them repay their educational loans. With LRAP, colleges can confidently articulate their value and more successfully reach recruitment, retention and revenue goals. LRAP is a private company, serving the public good.