Will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, interconnection and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and, related procedures adhere to organization values, enabling faculty and staff to succeed.
• Installs new and/or rebuilds existing servers in a vmware environment and configures UCS hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements;
• Installs and configures systems such as Cisco UCS, Vmware, and infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications;
• Develops and maintains installation & configuration procedures. Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary;
• Creates, changes and deletes user accounts as requested;
• Investigates and troubleshoots related issues;
• Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, supplemented with 4 years of related experience. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix & Microsoft preferred. Certifications in VMware, Storage, Windows, and/or Linux are a plus. Knowledge of ITIL process and procedures. Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills. Shows initiative, flexibility and customer focused.