Shared Services Specialist
The Shared Services Center is comprised of a diverse group of experts in multiple fields. Our passion is working together and collaborating with other departments to reduce administrative burden on Faculty and Staff so that they can focus on supporting the education of our students. We strive to be a trusted and innovative partner delivering exemplary administrative services in support of the DU community.
The Department of Shared Services is seeking two (2) Specialists to work on the Shared Services team. These Shared Service Specialists attempt to answer 80% of the inquiries that come into the Shared Services Center. They must be knowledgeable about DU policies and processes, leverage technology to achieve a high level of service, and engage with the community in a professional and courteous manner. They will have in-depth knowledge of all the functions in the Shared Services Department and operate under limited supervision.
In addition to being support for the community, this position must be detailed oriented as they are responsible for processing non-benefited hire background checks, assisting in I-9 compliance, creating new employee records in Banner, and identifying solutions for frequently encountered issues. Administrative duties such as scanning HR paperwork and updating records in the University's ERP (Banner).
As a Shared Services Specialist, you will be the first point of communication for our customers and the most influential player in forming positive relationships on campus. The ideal candidate for this position is:
- An excellent communicator on all platforms, including telephone, e-mail and chat
- Unsatisfied with the phrase "We've always done it this way."
- Driven by identifying solutions that reduce customer frustration
- Accommodating and even-tempered
- Unafraid of technology
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of people with varying levels of proficiency
- Able to maintain confident composure even in stressful situations and to transmit that energy to the customer
- Accountable for their actions and willing to see nonsuccess as an opportunity for growth and improvement
- Determined to see a problem through until a solution that is best for the customer is found
- Excited to be part of a team of experts and innovators
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication Skills: Effectively uses multiple channels to communicate important messages; Keeps supervisor well informed about progress and/or problems in a timely manner; Writes in a clear, concise, organized and convincing way for a variety of target audiences; Produces written messages which are consistently error-free
- Customer Focus: Prioritizes customers (internal and external) and their needs as primary and is dedicated to meeting their expectations; Develops and maintains customer relationships; builds credibility and trust; Quickly and effectively solves customer problems; Provides prompt, attentive service in a cheerful manner; adapts to changing information, conditions or challenges with a positive attitude; Incorporates customer feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the customer
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well with others; Treats others with respect; Shares views in a tactful way; Demonstrates diplomacy by approaching others about sensitive issues in non-threatening ways; Considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others; Fosters an environment conducive to open, transparent communication among all levels and positions; Takes the initiative to get to know internal and external customers
- Functional/technical expertise: Has the skills, abilities, knowledge and experience to be successful in functional area of expertise; Dedicates time and energy to keeping abreast of the latest information related to area of expertise and technology; learns and applies new technology quickly.
- High School diploma, and 2-3 years related experience (Bachelors degree can substitute for experience)
- General knowledge in one or a combination of the following; accounts payable, procurement, human resources and payroll transactions
- High aptitude for multiple technologies and change
- Can communicate effectively with a diverse community
- Handle walk-in, phone, email and online chat interactions with customers
- Notary Public in the State of Colorado
- Fluent in Spanish and English (read, speak, write)
- Experience using: Automated travel and expense software
- Ticketing system
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, April 7th, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs and submit a cover letter and resume with the application to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click "New Resume/CV" at the bottom of the page to begin an application. For questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Kogovsek at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter