Product Manager Consumer Durables
A leading Consumer Products company, is expanding their marketing organization! The Product Manager reports to the Marketing leadership. In concert with the Marketing Director, the Product Manager is responsible for the development, specification and management (cradle to grave) for product projects for both new products, refreshment of existing lines and cost improvement projects. This positon is in the main Chicago office.
- Works extensively and cross functionally with Sales, Operations and Finance to successfully complete all product projects on time and on budget.
- In collaboration with Category Director and design team, identifies, engages and manages third party engineering, tooling and design resources.
- Seeks to improve sales and profit margins by identifying and exploiting opportunities to improve product design and costs.
- Performs functionality and quality assurance testing.
- May facilitate customer testing, sampling, factory evaluations and corrective actions.
- Continuously evaluates all project deliverables and trouble shoots with subject matter experts product design, quality specifications, bills of materials, tooling, product design, packaging, manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Develop, manage and maintain accurate and optimal product costs and bills of materials.
- Implements appropriate business analytics and reports to track and monitor project results. Provides regularly business reports to management.
- B.S degree in Business, Marekting or equivalent career background.
- 7+ years of successful experience managing product development projects in fast-paced consumer durables environment.
- Working knowledge of steel, plastics and plastic injection molding.
- Ability to travel regularly (20%) domestically.
- An unusual passion for results with the courage to challenge the status quo, set high expectations, and hold individuals accountable for results.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to project plan, matrix manage, prioritize work and meet timelines and schedules.
- Ability to continuously prioritize and flexibly adapt to a high volume, fluid workload.
- Strong financial and analytical skills with broad-based business acumen.
- An emotionally intelligent, optimistic, flexible and resilient project leader possessing mature judgment, high integrity, and solid interpersonal skills.
- A team player who works adeptly on a cross functional basis and at all levels to quickly gain trust and respect, build enthusiastic consensus and influence decisive action.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This positon carries a salary of 80-95K plus bonus of 25% and full benefits package including 401K match. Interviews will be scheduled shortly. Relocation will also be provided for qualified individual. Please submit your resume and cover letter today. Thank you.
SearchPoint Group is a national search firm specializing in sales, marketing, customer service, market research, and executive management professionals. Our in-depth knowledge of multiple business sectors gives us the foundation for unmatched results. Visit us at www.searchpointgroup.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:17:01 PDT