Director of Finance
In this position, the Director of Finance will be expected to provide total financial leadership, direction and analysis to the functional management team. As a member of the strategic leadership team for the function, the leader of Finance will play a key role in driving functional metrics, controlling costs, and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, in order to achieve business goals and drive profitability.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving - Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives.
- Participates in preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met. Reviews monthly metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform any financial function and activity; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established policies.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Project Management - Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Operations, Marketing, Customer Service, and Technology.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 5
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and mgmt. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Judgment and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.). Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to clearly communicate results and implications of analysis in both verbal and written (PowerPoint) forms
Branded Online comprises a collective think-tank of talented ecommerce and online marketing professionals who are well versed in the creation, execution and management of a large segment of today's top brands. We are an end-to-end provider of branded ecommerce solutions. Branded Online offers a variety of services including site development, online marketing and warehousing merchandise. Our job is to let you innovate and transform your brand while we attract and retain your customers through superior execution of your ideas. It is, after all, what we do best! After a great deal of success managing many of the world's leading ecommerce sites, we know that online shoppers are evolving. And at Branded Online, it's our forte to ensure your brand evolves with them.
Costa Mesa, CA
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 11:13:35 PDT