Business Systems Analyst
The Sr. Specialist, Business Systems Analyst provides internal consulting for business process improvements utilizing technology and leads technology initiatives for multiple business units.
The primary responsibilities of the Sr. Specialist, Business Systems Analyst include management of technology analysis projects; research and analysis of business systems and business processes; recommendations for process improvement, identifying and implementing technology solutions, following established project management methodologies, documenting business requirements and developing technical specifications, testing and leading the implementation of changes including initial documentation and training ensuring established best practices are followed. Serve as a subject matter expert with different areas of the system and business based on experience and expertise of implemented technology solutions. Participate in IT testing for upgrades and serves as 2nd level support in partnership with the IT Application Support team for implemented technology solutions.
The Sr. Specialist, Business Systems Analyst will work within the IT department to further the strategic goal of promoting off-the-shelf software solutions, where applicable; the Sr. Specialist, Business Systems Analyst will confer with department heads, key staff, or outside consultants to develop detailed understanding of user needs for departments or groups of departments and manage all phases of the process.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
- Lead initiatives for IT providing business analysis and developing technical solutions. Participating and/or leading project meetings, documenting requirements, investigating, defining, and documenting technical solutions, working with developers where applicable, testing solutions, and managing and communicating analysis process.70%
- Serve as a subject matter expert with different areas of the system and business based on experience and expertise of implemented technology solutions. Test system upgrades and enhancements as related to technology and business expertise. 15%
- Provide 2nd level support for areas of subject matter expertise in partnership with the IT Application Support team. 15%
Required Background and Experience, Skills and Behaviors
- Bachelor Degree in related field
- 5 to 7 years related business, technology, and project experience.
- Proficient in CRM technology and strong fundraising, sponsorship, and donor management experience preferred. Strong customer service required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office, in particular superior Excel and Access skills, and database and management skills; experience in building & running queries and macros.
- Have strong analytical skills and keen ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Have experience with tier-one applications, relational databases, and data warehouses.
- Be proficient and successful in handling multiple competing priorities.
- Be organized, proactive, self-starter, internally motivated, results-oriented, thrive in hands-on working environment with excellent story-telling and problem solving skills.
- Enjoy supporting multiple users and participating in strategic meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to act professionally with and be a liason between a diverse group of business units, support teams, subject matter experts, technology teams, managers, and executives.
- Possess the ability to work independently with users and lead projects through to successful completion as well as enthusiastically participate as a collaborative, thoughtful and value-add team player.
- Strong work ethic.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 07:04:39 PDT