Nutrition Program Assistant (Douglas County - Lawrence, KS) - Part time
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) is a nutrition education program provided at no cost to Kansas families with limited resources. Our goal is to provide nutrition education to individuals and families who receive food assistance or who are eligible to receive food assistance.
It is sponsored by the USDA through a contract with the Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) and implemented by Kansas State Research and Extension (KSRE). Programming takes place in 80+ counties through the efforts of County Extension Agents and their assistants.
This is a part time position. (20 hours per week)Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver nutrition education programming to limited resource groups and individuals.
- Develop partnerships and contacts with local service agencies, school districts and other community agencies. Serve as a public relations representative for the SNAP-Ed program and K-State Research and Extension in Douglas County.
- Participate in local community coalitions/collaborations that would benefit nutrition education of limited resource clients.
- Gather data and compile county SNAP-Ed reports and records for submission to the state SNAP-Ed office. Gather data and compile monthly and yearly board reports. Attend SNAP-Ed trainings.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences, Education or closely related field.
- Knowledge of low income audiences and subject matter.
- Leadership, organizational, teamwork and people skills.
- Valid driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
- Capable of lifting, moving and transporting equipment and supplies.
- Cover letter addressing experiences related to the above mentioned responsibilities and qualifications.
- Resume which includes the following: educational background; professional experience; professional organizations and activities; volunteer responsibilities; honors; and any other information important to communicate qualifications for this position.
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references familiar with your work, including college professors if a recent graduate.