Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for providing admissions counseling services to incoming and prospective students.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Responsible for managing the recruitment efforts of the institution for a specified geographical region associated with the college
• Represents the institution at college fairs and community events associated with the recruitment of students
• Assist the campus with its customer service efforts by answering phones, speaking with visitors, and is crossed trained to assist students through the entire enrollment process
• Manages student records within the institutions data base and other software programs associated with recruitment and customer service
• Provides or coordinates campus tours
• Serves on various committees as assigned
• Performs related duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to admissions and student enrollment
• Knowledge admissions requirements
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in management and supervision
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication