Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position exists to provide essential consultation to UIS and management regarding the PeopleSoft modules; review and analyze maintenance and enhancement requests; analyze complex processes to define system enhancements and modifications; provide technical application support to system end users; code, test, and implement batch and online computer software; provide technical support to other internal staff. This position will provide application development in PeopleSoft Financials modules.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
- Provide effective functions for end users by creating or modifying applications using PeopleCode, PeopleTools, and other development tools and testing tools. Write new or modify existing batch programs using a variety of computer languages and file access methods including SQR/SQL. Confirm accuracy of software by testing new and modified programs and by coordinating end user system testing.
- Address end users' computing needs by analyzing complex processes to design new applications or enhancements to existing applications, and by writing functional and/or technical specifications. Create and modify technical documentation by writing and updating program, operations, and other system documentation.
- Consult with UIS management and team leads to implement critical maintenance and enhancement projects by providing essential information regarding PeopleSoft technology, functionality and capabilities.
- Assist campus key users, System Financials staff, and business process owners by answering technical application questions and resolving reported software and data errors. Instruct key users on the proper use and function of application programs by participating in meetings in which PeopleSoft functional and technical expertise is needed. Provide technical support for production services when needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Expand professional and technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups.
Supervision Received and Exercised
No formal supervisory authority. This position will be supervised by the Assistant Director of Financial System Development.
This position is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified System.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement).
- 2 years PeopleSoft development experience or equivalent training/studies in system design, project development and production support of large applications/systems.
- 2 years of SQL experience
- Understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle methodology
- Strong analysis skills and problem solving skills are required
- Strong verbal and written skills are required due to customer support requirements of the job
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills and tools
- Experience with multiple PeopleSoft Finance 9.2 modules
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.50+
- At least 2 years of application development experience using PeopleTools Application Designer (e.g. Page development, Application Engine, Component Interface, PeopleCode)
- At least 2 years of development production support experience
- At least 2 years of supporting PeopleSoft HCM and/or Finance
- Experience with development lifecycle methodology
- Knowledge of and experience with SQR coding, SQL against Oracle databases, and UNIX commands
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Thursday, April 6, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 6, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by April 6, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Mar 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001787